Will Copenhagen suborbitals succeed in putting someone in space?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr3000
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
mr3000
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
TL;DR
Will Copenhagen suborbitals succeed in putting someone in space?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Suborbitals

Do you think that this group of amateurs will succeed in performing a manned suborbital space flight?

I personally am skeptical, but then again, stranger things have happened. I’d love to hear what actual aerospace engineers have to say about them.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The group has, to my knowledge, been fairly quiet for many years now and their crowd funding budget for 2024 looks rather meager, but I guess a select few volunteers may still be tinkering away in the lab.

(I was active supporter for many years, more or less coinciding with the period where the group, at least jokingly, was in a "race" to see if they were able to launch a Dane into space before Andreas Mogensen was launched. Eventually Andreas "won" in 2015).