Copenhagen Suborbitals open source space travel

In summary, a group of men from Copenhagen are working on designing the first rocket to send a man into space as cheaply as possible. Their website and YouTube channel showcase their engine tests and progress. They also have blogs from Kristian von Bengtson and Peter Madsen, who stress that this project is completely based on volunteer work and contributions. Despite having no official sponsors or paid employees, they have a growing number of supporters and followers. This is an exciting and innovative project that is worth keeping an eye on.
harkkam
Physics news on Phys.org
Their homepage is slightly messed up at the moment it seems, so let me add that there are also some blogs:

Kristian von Bengtson on http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/rocketshop/ and Peter Madsen in danish on
http://ing.dk/blogs/rumfart-pa-den-anden-made. I know several non-danish speaking rocket enthusiasts are following this blog via google translate - I hope one day there will be an official translation to english because they are almost always a fantastic read.

Also worth noting, as Peter Madsen keeps stressing, is that this is completely based on volunteer work and contributions. There are no official sponsor and no one in CS gets paid, but there is a group of now nearly a thousand supporters who each make a small monthly contribution.

Wow, this is really cool! I love seeing new advancements in space exploration and it's amazing that these guys are trying to make it more affordable. I checked out their website and YouTube channel and I'm blown away by their engine tests. It's incredible to see the progress they're making towards sending a man into space. Thanks for sharing these links! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their project.

1. What is Copenhagen Suborbitals open source space travel?

Copenhagen Suborbitals is an open source amateur space program based in Denmark. It was founded in 2008 by Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson with the goal of sending humans into space using low-cost, DIY methods.

2. How does open source apply to space travel?

Open source in the context of space travel means that the designs, plans, and data collected by Copenhagen Suborbitals are freely available to the public. This allows for collaborative efforts and improvements from a global community of space enthusiasts.

3. What are the main projects of Copenhagen Suborbitals?

The main projects of Copenhagen Suborbitals include the development of a manned space capsule, a liquid-propellant rocket engine, and a launch platform for sending the capsule and engine into space.

4. What progress has Copenhagen Suborbitals made in their mission?

Copenhagen Suborbitals has successfully launched several rockets and conducted tests on their manned space capsule and rocket engine. They have also completed a number of suborbital flights with their rocket, reaching altitudes of over 4 miles.

5. How can I get involved with Copenhagen Suborbitals?

Copenhagen Suborbitals is open to anyone who wants to contribute to their mission. You can get involved by becoming a member, volunteering your skills or resources, or donating to support their projects. You can also follow them on social media to stay updated on their progress and events.