Window Washer plummets 47 Floors. How did he survive?

• Thread starter piggyxchu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Window
In summary, a student in a physics class shared their analysis and calculations on a video of a window washer falling 47 floors. They invited others to review and provide feedback on their work. They also asked for help in identifying any mistakes or incorrect assumptions. They mentioned a possible acceleration of 10g and asked for the stopping distance in this scenario.
piggyxchu
HI ALL! :smile:

Recently in class, we were assigned to find a video that presented an impossible situation and we had to calculate if the situation was even possible. My video was about a window washer that plunged 47 Floors. I've posted my calculations and information on it on my page!

http://wiki.hischina.org/groups/gealgerobophysiculus/wiki/5ac01/Raelene_How_did_he_survive_.html

If any of you are interested, please take a look and comment on my page!
It'd be nice if you guys would make suggestions on any part of my analysis or any comment at all. If I've made any mistakes or wrong assumptions that had made the problem too simple please do point it out!

Help is greatly appreciated! :)
Thank you! :smile::wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
piggyxchu said:
HI ALL!

Recently in class, we were assigned to find a video that presented an impossible situation and we had to calculate if the situation was even possible. My video was about a window washer that plunged 47 Floors. I've posted my calculations and information on it on my page!

http://wiki.hischina.org/groups/gealgerobophysiculus/wiki/5ac01/Raelene_How_did_he_survive_.html

If any of you are interested, please take a look and comment on my page!
It'd be nice if you guys would make suggestions on any part of my analysis or any comment at all. If I've made any mistakes or wrong assumptions that had made the problem too simple please do point it out!

Help is greatly appreciated! :)
Thank you!

Welcome to PF, piggyxchu! :smile:

Suppose the acceleration at the end is indeed 10g.
What would the distance be to stop over this distance?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How did the window washer fall from 47 floors and survive?

The window washer most likely survived due to his safety equipment and training. Window washers typically wear harnesses and other safety gear while working at high heights. Additionally, they are trained in emergency procedures and how to handle unexpected situations.

2. Did the window washer sustain any injuries from the fall?

It is possible that the window washer sustained some injuries from the fall, but it is also possible that he escaped with minor injuries or even no injuries at all. His safety equipment and training may have helped to minimize the impact of the fall.

3. What factors contributed to the window washer's survival?

The window washer's safety equipment and training were likely the most significant factors in his survival. Other factors that may have played a role include the surface he fell onto (such as a grassy area or a car), the angle at which he fell, and any objects that may have broken his fall.

4. Have there been other instances of window washers surviving falls from high heights?

Yes, there have been other instances of window washers surviving falls from high heights. In some cases, they have been lucky enough to land on something that cushioned their fall, such as a canopy or a tree. In other cases, their safety equipment and training have helped them to survive.

5. What precautions can be taken to prevent window washers from falling?

To prevent window washers from falling, it is important to ensure that they have proper safety equipment and are trained in emergency procedures. Regular maintenance and inspections of the equipment and building should also be conducted to identify and address any potential hazards. Additionally, employers should follow safety regulations and guidelines to protect their workers.