Woman dies after injecting hot beef fat into her face

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary: I can honestly say that I have never heard of any problems from people injecting goat fat into their face.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Her family knew she was doing this and didn't take her for psychiatric care?

Family members told authorities Hardt had undergone multiple cosmetic surgeries to her face and neck. A short time before she died, she injected the heated beef fat into her face around her mouth and chin. Authorities said she apparently performed the procedure on several occasions in an attempt to simulate Botox, which reduces wrinkling.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/7558632-418/woman-dies-after-injecting-hot-beef-fat-into-her-face.html

I'm thinking that the bacterial infection she died from could be related to the infection in her face caused by the injections. She had infections in her mouth and lips which could enter her digestive track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This sounds like a Darwin Award candidate to me.

She... injected heated beef fat... in her face?

My god, what is wrong with people these days?

I'm just wondering why beef fat and not any other kind of fat...

BloodyFrozen said:
I'm just wondering why beef fat and not any other kind of fat...
Maybe she didn't have any chicken?

Evo said:

:rofl:

That's disgusting though. AND weird

BloodyFrozen said:
:rofl:

That's disgusting though. AND weird
First you wonder how any sane person could do this, then you realize they can't be sane.

How does she have an injection needle anyways?

How are you logged off and replying:confused:

I wonder if the fat Mom trying to get even fatter couldn't speed the fattening process with injections.

BloodyFrozen said:

She is not logged off, she is invisible.

BloodyFrozen said:
How does she have an injection needle anyways?
She might be using one of those poultry injection needles you can buy in the cookware department.

I have *invisible* powers.

Evo said:
She might be using one of those poultry injection needles you can buy in the cookware department.

I have *invisible* powers.

Poultry needles should be used with poultry fat.

There's an invisible??

BloodyFrozen said:
There's an invisible??

Upgrade to gold and you can become invisible too! :wink:

Evo said:
I'm thinking that the bacterial infection she died from could be related to the infection in her face caused by the injections. She had infections in her mouth and lips which could enter her digestive track.

"Infections in her face from the injections did not lead to her death, which was ruled natural, officials with the medical examiner’s office said."

It seems to me this was nothing more than a poor journalistic attempt to link two unrelated events in order to make a news story out of nothing.

BloodyFrozen said:
Poultry needles should be used with poultry fat.
I assume that was her first mistake. :tongue2:

There's an invisible??
You have to be a contributor.

micromass said:
Upgrade to gold and you can become invisible too! :wink:

Maybe I will:biggrin:

Some people are just too insane.

skeptic2 said:
"Infections in her face from the injections did not lead to her death, which was ruled natural, officials with the medical examiner’s office said."

It seems to me this was nothing more than a poor journalistic attempt to link two unrelated events in order to make a news story out of nothing.
Peritonitis is caused by bacterial infection. Now where could this infection have come from? The infections in her mouth and lips maybe going into her digestive tract? It didn't have to be injection = immediate death. Perhaps they tested the two types of bacteria and they didn't match, but it's not her death that is news.

A news story about a woman injecting heated beef fat into her face is enough of a story by itself.

Last edited:
And it serves as a good warning for anyone else who may be thinking about injecting animal fat in their faces. The fatal risk of bacterial infection is real. So please, if you or someone you love is injecting animal fat in your face...POST PICS!

skeptic2 said:

A 63-year old person dying from perotinitis (especially after injecting not animal fat under unsanitary conditions) is not normal or natural.

Does it sayhow many volumes she shot it on her face?

flyingpig said:
Does it sayhow many volumes she shot it on her face?

2.5 Liters

BloodyFrozen said:
2.5 Liters

Where the hell did she get much?

BloodyFrozen said:
2.5 Liters
Where does it say that? That obviously isn't true for one time.

That's why I strictly inject goat fat.

KingNothing said:
That's why I strictly inject goat fat.
I can honestly say that I have never heard of any problems from people injecting goat fat into their face.

People are so desperate to fit the media's definition of good looking. If you're ugly then you're ugly, no point in dying just to prove it.

Evo said:
Yeah, and you wouldn't use bacon - who wants a pig face?

According to the vegans, I've been injecting too much hot beef fat into my mouth. Yum, please excuse me a moment while I go inject a fresh batch that my wife just cooked up.

OK, I'm back. Anyway, they say I'll die of it soon. Poor me. So much hot beef fat, so little time.

Evo said:
It's hard to say, because the story is so scant, but it's more likely that the peritonitis was completely unrelated. BUT, concentrating on her facial infection and the symptom that her face felt like it was burning, (which is the only complaint she offered that's mentioned in the story) caused the doctors to miss the peritonitis. The story creates the impression peritonitis was only discovered at autopsy. Normally peritonitis would cause enough abdominal symptoms to bring people to the ER in and of itself. It's not subtle. The fact she had this other bizarre thing going on apparently put whatever abdominal symptoms she had into the shadows, if she ever even mentioned them. Again, though, all we have is a short story with a sensationalistic title.

zoobyshoe said:
It's hard to say, because the story is so scant, but it's more likely that the peritonitis was completely unrelated. BUT, concentrating on her facial infection and the symptom that her face felt like it was burning, (which is the only complaint she offered that's mentioned in the story) caused the doctors to miss the peritonitis. The story creates the impression peritonitis was only discovered at autopsy. Normally peritonitis would cause enough abdominal symptoms to bring people to the ER in and of itself. It's not subtle. The fact she had this other bizarre thing going on apparently put whatever abdominal symptoms she had into the shadows, if she ever even mentioned them. Again, though, all we have is a short story with a sensationalistic title.
I can change it to "Woman injects hot beef fat into face".

Newai said:
And it serves as a good warning for anyone else who may be thinking about injecting animal fat in their faces. The fatal risk of bacterial infection is real. So please, if you or someone you love is injecting animal fat in your face...

POST PICS!

Like button

1. What happened to the woman who injected hot beef fat into her face?

The woman suffered from severe burns and ultimately died as a result of the injection.

2. Why did the woman inject hot beef fat into her face?

It is unclear why the woman chose to inject hot beef fat into her face. It is possible that she believed it would improve her appearance or that she was influenced by misinformation or dangerous beauty trends.

3. Is injecting hot beef fat into the face a common practice?

No, injecting hot beef fat into the face is not a common practice and is not recommended by medical professionals. It can have serious and potentially fatal consequences.

4. What are the dangers of injecting hot beef fat into the face?

Injecting hot beef fat into the face can cause severe burns, infection, and even death. The fat can also block blood vessels, leading to tissue death and permanent scarring.

5. What should I do if I am considering injecting hot beef fat into my face?

It is strongly advised to not inject hot beef fat or any other substance into your face. Consult with a licensed and reputable medical professional for safe and effective cosmetic procedures.

Back