Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Woodward Was Told of Plame More Than Two Years Ago

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501857_pf.html

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2

SOS2008

Gold Member

Interesting, though this involves an official other than Rove, and I doubt it was Libby because of the claim that "he did not believe the information to be classified or sensitive."

Meanwhile, according to news to date (MSNBC this evening), there is a lot of disbelief that someone as bright and detailed as Libby could have forgotten where/when he first learned of Plame (which was Cheney) after only a month or so had passed. In addition, his notes were unusually detailed on this particular matter.

4. Nov 20, 2005 #3
    This is not likely to happen, but when 16 former agents are all of a like mind, they probably have a good reason. They aslo have a lot of information that anyone outside of the intellegence community does not have.

It is unfortunate that current intel officials are not allowed to comment on this. I have a gut feeling that there is a schism within the CIA.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/11/16/ex_intelligence_officials_rap_rove/

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  5. Nov 20, 2005 #4
    Especially since, according to his own notes he discussed her 7 times in June/July before talking to Tim Russert. He also said he was surprised when Russert told him she worked for the CIA.

He should have taken a clue from Ollie North and shredded his notes.

6. Nov 20, 2005 #5
    Porter Goss is Bush's man. I wonder how things are going now that he is head of the CIA.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?