Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
DrGreg said:
Wordle 460 2/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Very lucky guess! And only the third time in 68 games that I've done it in two.
Thanks!
I'm 99.9% certain I'd not have gotten it in two also if you hadn't done it yourself.

Wordle 460 2/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I skipped my normal 2nd seed word for one that matched the 3rd letter and bazinga!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Wrichik Basu
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 460 1/6

🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I am 100% sure I would not have gotten it in one had I not profited from the previous posted attempts. Solving these while standing on the shoulders of giants is enticing, and I wanted to see if it can be done. It can, but I consider it educated cheating so I will stop here and go back to using standalone methods.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, OmCheeto and Wrichik Basu
kuruman said:
Wordle 460 1/6

🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I am 100% sure I would not have gotten it in one had I not profited from the previous posted attempts. Solving these while standing on the shoulders of giants is enticing, and I wanted to see if it can be done. It can, but I consider it educated cheating so I will stop here and go back to using standalone methods.
While I can understand how you got this one in one guess, I'm still scratching my head over your reduction in game 458 to 2 possible answers. That was some 12th level algorithming IMHO. Unless of course you know one or two people's first seed words, as that would make things quite a bit easier, but not nearly as fun.
 
OmCheeto said:
Unless of course you know one or two people's first seed words, as that would make things quite a bit easier, but not nearly as fun.
That's what I meant by "standing on the shoulders of giants." I deduced pieces of first words by comparing the solution to the first guess. Of course one has to assume that the person will use the same first word consistently which is not always the case. I agree it's not nearly as fun because it crosses the line into cheating.
 
Wordle 461 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Utilized spreadsheet after 2nd guess as I could not make a single word out of what was left.
 
Wordle 463 2/6
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
No cheating by analysing my colours before your own attempt!
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and OmCheeto
Wordle 465 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That'll teach me to be a smarty pants and try and cheat using other people's patterns. Had I stuck to my new standard seeds, I'd have had it in 3. Grrrrrrr...