Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,776 replies · 456K views
Physics news on Phys.org
DrGreg said:
Wordle 420 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I have a trick. Since my vocabulary is significantly worse than yours, I use a translation website and type pseudo words with 5 letters with the remaining letters. The page then suggests a couple of alternatives to my misspelled word. I check them according to previous guesses and choose one with a large likelihood.
 
Wordle 420 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟦⬜🟦⬜🟦
⬜⬜⬜🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I was thinking about doubly degenerate words (two pairs of same letters) and I stumbled upon ROTOR. A word enthusiast will quickly see that it is a palindrome. Only a physics nerd will notice that it is also a pseudo-vector word. If you read it backward, it is positive and if you read it forward, it is negative according to the right hand rule. The magnitude (read it either way) is indicative of the idea that the pseudo-vector word implies.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu