Why do Tabasco in coffee and baking soda with popcorn butter taste so bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
102 replies · 42K views
jimmysnyder said:
The taste of my own words can be bitter at times. Vurp is pretty bad too, especially if it has been in my nose. In Japan they have a treat called Natto, a kind of fermented soy bean. I couldn't stand it at first, but my wife made me feed to to my toddler daughter. She wasn't having it so I would do what all stupid parents do, take a taste and say "yummy". My daughter was never fooled by any of this, but I came to enjoy the taste of it.

That's the only ref to "Natto" I could find in PF. I think that a lot of people should be going to like Natto, me including, because it seems to have very strong medical benifits. It dissolved blood clogs and therefore may prevent strokes and heart attacks.

Dr. Hiroyuki Sumi, discovered Nattokinase, an enzyme produced by the natto bacterea, there seem also beneficial effects for other diseases. See this scholar google search:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=natto+Hiroyuki+Sumi&hl=en&lr=&btnG=search

The smell of Natto is mainly amonia it seems, which can be neutralized by some acid, (vinegar). it could be an idea for salad, every day :-P
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Toad in the hole.
You have to get the right species of toad.
 
mgb_phys said:
You have to get the right species of toad.

That would have to be the Colorado River Toad. The Church of the Toad of Light uses their poison secretions to induce a hallucinogenic effect. It tastes like 5-MeO-DMT. Nasty stuff.
 
Toad in the hole.
I likes me toad Ala mode.

Chocolate.

I am a chocoholic (Ha! chocoholic is an actual word on this forum! No spelling mistake underline! :smile:) One day, when I was very young and stupid (the difference being I was young then), I couldn't find any candy in the house. I searched in the closets (behind the hats), in the pots and pans cabinet (in the double boiler, of course), in the freezer (behind the beans)...okay I admit I had a problem, but I am working through it. Anyway, I couldn't find any candy, but I did find a block of baker's cooking chocolate...

Worse-tasting-God-awful-stuff I ever stuck in my mouth on purpose! It was pucker-up-your-lips-till-your-face-disappears bitter and dry... and my second bite was no better (I know I know, but it was chocolate...I told you I had a problem).
 
I *love* Baker's unsweetened chocolate! The trick is that you have to shave off tiny bits with your teeth, it'll take several hours to make a sizeable dent in a cube of it, but talk about a dark chocolate rush. :approve:
 
Artman said:
and my second bite was no better.
:smile: Reminds me of the restaurant review: The food is awful and the portions are too small.
 
Evo said:
I *love* Baker's unsweetened chocolate! The trick is that you have to shave off tiny bits with your teeth, it'll take several hours to make a sizeable dent in a cube of it, but talk about a dark chocolate rush. :approve:
Couldn't find any candy in the double boiler, or behind the hats either, ehh?

The only thing I've ever eaten more bitter than Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate is a persimmon. Initiation by the seniors to the freshman getting onto my high school bus was to eat a persimmon, or drop pants. In 'hindsight' (heh, heh) a nice dairyaireing would have been preferable to chomping on that nasty little thing. That taste stayed with me till...gosh, I can still taste that thing!
 
Evo said:
Depends where the hole is.


LOL.
 
Evo said:
I *love* Baker's unsweetened chocolate! The trick is that you have to shave off tiny bits with your teeth, it'll take several hours to make a sizeable dent in a cube of it, but talk about a dark chocolate rush. :approve:

I used to just take big bites! I always liked the stuff; though the first time I took a bite it was quite a surprise.
 
Octopussy is the worst tasting thing it is 8 times to fishy.