WR104 Gamma Ray Burst: Fact or Fiction?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter DR13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gamma Gamma ray Ray
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
DR13
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Sorry if I sound crazy, but I just heard about this and would like a reliable fact check before I worry.

So I recently heard about this binary star system known as WR104. I read that it was pointed right at us and, at some point in the future, it will release a gamma ray burst that will wipe out all life on earth. Also, I heard that it was not a question of if, but when and could happen at any moment.

I just want to know the truth about this and I know that the people on this forum know what they are talking about.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org