Looking to Buy Dolciani Math Books: Any Available?

In summary, the person is looking to buy specific editions of high-school math textbooks co-authored by Mary Dolciani. They are having difficulty finding these books and are asking for help in locating them. They are only interested in specific editions and are not interested in newer or older versions. The person is also willing to buy the books and is asking for the seller's price and the condition of the books. They also mention that these books are popular among homeschooling parents.
eumyang
Homework Helper
(NOTE: I don't see a buying/selling forum/thread on PF, nor does seem to be any rules prohibiting a WTB thread, so I'm posting here. Mods, if this is a problem, please let me know.)

I would like to buy a set of the high-school math textbooks co-authored by Mary Dolciani:
  • Modern Algebra: Structure and Method [Book 1], 1965 edition, Teacher's Edition
  • Modern Algebra & Trigonometry: Structure and Method, Book 2, 1965 edition, Teacher's Edition
  • Modern Geometry: Structure and Method, 1965 edition, Teacher's Edition
  • Modern Introductory Analysis, 1967 edition, Teacher's Edition

Just to be clear, I am not interested in any other edition of these books (newer or older, student editions) at this time. Naturally, I'm having difficulty finding these books. I've been looking on Amazon, Allibris, Ebay, etc. without any luck. If you have any of these you are willing to sell, please PM me with your price and a description of its condition. If you happen to find a site that is selling it, please PM me with a link. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have the ISBN number of these specific editions?

this is a joke, right?

QuarkCharmer said:
Do you have the ISBN number of these specific editions?
ISBN's didn't exist in the 60's, I believe.

mathwonk said:
this is a joke, right?
No, this is not a joke. A friend of mine is a homeschooling parent whose son is close to high-school age. She intends to use these books with her son for math in high school. Apparently a number of homeschooling parents do use the Dolciani books, particularly the older editions, in teaching math to their children.

I understand the importance of using reliable and reputable resources in education. The Dolciani math textbooks have been widely used and praised for their clear and comprehensive approach to teaching mathematics. I can appreciate your desire to obtain these specific editions, as they may hold sentimental or historical value. However, as a scientist, I would also encourage you to consider the potential limitations of using outdated textbooks in your studies. Mathematics is a constantly evolving field and it is important to stay updated with the latest developments and techniques. I would suggest exploring alternate resources or seeking out newer editions of the Dolciani textbooks to ensure that you are receiving the most accurate and relevant information in your studies.

1. What are Dolciani Math Books?

Dolciani Math Books are a series of math textbooks written by mathematician and educator Mary P. Dolciani. They cover a wide range of math topics, including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.

2. Who are Dolciani Math Books intended for?

These books are designed for high school and college students, as well as teachers and educators looking for comprehensive and rigorous math resources.

3. What sets Dolciani Math Books apart from other math textbooks?

The Dolciani Math Books are known for their clear explanations, abundant examples and exercises, and challenging problem sets that help students develop a deep understanding of math concepts.

4. Can I purchase individual books from the Dolciani Math series?

Yes, individual books from the series can be purchased. However, it is recommended to use the entire series as they are designed to build upon each other and provide a cohesive math education.

5. Are there any resources available to supplement the Dolciani Math Books?

There are several online resources available, including additional practice problems, solutions manuals, and study guides, that can be used to supplement the Dolciani Math Books. Some schools and universities also offer online courses or tutoring services using the Dolciani books.