Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yea woo hoo, first year of college done

1. Dec 22, 2017 #1
    Yeah who hoo, I did my first year of college. All I did was did all my homework at the library for hours on end and completed all my classes. I used to think high achieving students were born smart. Now I know that the just spend endless of hours at the library.

All of my classes are really easy, I could had done the same classes I'm doing right now as a 14/15 year old. I am 23.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2017 #2
    Congrats Apple_Mango! Hopefully the advanced classes will challenge you more. Have you thought about adding another course to your schedule next year? Maybe you can graduate early? What degree btw?

4. Dec 22, 2017 #3

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Actually, I believe that high-achieving students have something in addition to intelligence and a good work ethic, namely maturity. I think you have more of that than the 18-year olds in your first year classes. When I taught in college, the older, "non-traditional" students, when compared against their younger counterparts, were not particularly smarter, but they had better studying habits, they met their obligations more responsibly, they had a clear view of their college goals and they knew what it took to reach them. Count your blessings.

5. Dec 22, 2017 #4
    I am going into physics. I still have a long way to ago. I will only take 4 courses, I don't wish to add anothor class. I still have a long way to go to graduate. I am in algebra 2. In 12 months, I will be finally take physics for college credit. I'm just going for a BA.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted