Yea woo hoo, first year of college done

In summary, Apple_Mango shares their experience of completing their first year of college, which they attribute to spending endless hours at the library. They also mention finding their classes easy and possibly being able to graduate early. They are currently studying physics and plan to take four courses and obtain a BA degree."
Apple_Mango
Yeah who hoo, I did my first year of college. All I did was did all my homework at the library for hours on end and completed all my classes. I used to think high achieving students were born smart. Now I know that the just spend endless of hours at the library.

All of my classes are really easy, I could had done the same classes I'm doing right now as a 14/15 year old. I am 23.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats Apple_Mango! Hopefully the advanced classes will challenge you more. Have you thought about adding another course to your schedule next year? Maybe you can graduate early? What degree btw?

Likes Apple_Mango
Actually, I believe that high-achieving students have something in addition to intelligence and a good work ethic, namely maturity. I think you have more of that than the 18-year olds in your first year classes. When I taught in college, the older, "non-traditional" students, when compared against their younger counterparts, were not particularly smarter, but they had better studying habits, they met their obligations more responsibly, they had a clear view of their college goals and they knew what it took to reach them. Count your blessings.

Likes Apple_Mango
Greg Bernhardt said:
Congrats Apple_Mango! Hopefully the advanced classes will challenge you more. Have you thought about adding another course to your schedule next year? Maybe you can graduate early? What degree btw?
I am going into physics. I still have a long way to ago. I will only take 4 courses, I don't wish to add anothor class. I still have a long way to go to graduate. I am in algebra 2. In 12 months, I will be finally take physics for college credit. I'm just going for a BA.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What did you major in during your first year of college?

I majored in biology during my first year of college. I have always been interested in science and wanted to pursue a career in the medical field.

2. How was your transition from high school to college?

The transition from high school to college was challenging but also exciting. It took some time to adjust to the new academic demands and living on my own, but I also gained a lot of independence and new experiences.

3. What was your favorite class or subject during your first year of college?

My favorite class during my first year of college was Introduction to Psychology. I found the subject fascinating and enjoyed learning about the various theories and experiments in the field.

4. Did you join any clubs or organizations during your first year of college?

Yes, I joined a few clubs and organizations during my first year of college. I was part of the biology club, which allowed me to connect with other students who shared similar interests. I also joined a community service organization, where I was able to give back to the local community.

5. How did you balance your academics and social life during your first year of college?

Balancing academics and social life was a learning experience during my first year of college. I made sure to prioritize my studies and created a study schedule to stay on top of my coursework. I also made time for socializing and joined study groups to make studying more enjoyable.