Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yet another solid-state electrical generator patent

1. Aug 8, 2006 #1
    Guys,

I found another "interesting" artice on the web. It relates to a new solid-state electrical generator patent. This device has something to do with quantum mechanics as it is described by the author and I want you to comment it a bit.

The question is: Can this be real or it is just junk theory ?

Check this out:

http://pesn.com/2006/07/28/9500292_Magnetic_Power_Inc_Patent_Application/

Thanks,
    Dinu

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2006 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Please note that it is the patent APPLICATION that was published. The petent is pending and it is NOT yet accepted. If the patent office wants to be the subject of ridicule by Bob Park again, they'll accept this.

We do not condone free advertisement for crackpottery like this, especially when this is still in the application stage. If and when they get a patent, then there's at least something that we (or I) can do to alert some sleepy heads at the Patent Office on what they let through.

Zz.

4. Aug 11, 2006 #3
    That's more of a legal issue than anything else. Just because it doesn't work doesn't mean you can't patent it.

5. Aug 11, 2006 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Not according to Patent Office regulation.

Zz.

6. Aug 11, 2006 #5

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Zapperz is quite right. An invention must be useful to be patentable. An 'invention' that does not work, is not useful.

AM

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?