Your thoughts on a bs in mechE with a ms in petE?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdoyle13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
kdoyle13
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Is it possible if you just take the prerequisites at your grad school to hop from mechE to petroleum? I'm thinking if I go for mechE instead of aero for a broader job market that specializing my ms in petE might be a good idea.. What do you think?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fss said:
A second bachelor's degree is pointless.

I said a BS in mech engineering.. and "MS" in pet engineering..


thats a bachelors and masters.. that would be helpful.. wouldn't it?
 
You'd have to speak with a graduate advisor. That industry would have mechanical, civil, and chemical engineers of various sorts. Your school (or other schools with similar programs) should be able to help you with this more than we can.