Janus said:
I believe that, according to legend, the preferred weapon of choice against zombies is Salt. So I'll take a shotgun with shells that have had the shot replaced with rock salt.
Oh, in that case, I think we all should be armed with super soakers filled with Holy colloidal silver
salt water with a garlic infusion.
I had fun last night...since I had to be at the farm all night, I brought along scary movies on DVD to watch on my laptop in between samples. One of the grad students stopped in early in the evening to check on some of his animals and decided I was nuts to be watching scary movies when out alone at the farm all night on Halloween.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have nearly the effect when I was in a nice, lit, heated building as it used to have when I worked out on a farm that looked more traditional (red barns, split rail fences) and I had to walk outside in the pitch dark to get to the sheep, where I couldn't see anything more than about a foot in front of me, but could hear all the noises of the animals moving...some coming from places where we didn't have any animals.

That place really did have more the feel of a typical horror movie scene where something was just waiting to jump out at you as you turned the corner behind the barn...and sometimes there was something waiting to jump out at you...the farm manager was quite a practical joker and would scare the bejeezus out of us by planting motion or noise sensitive "critters" along the paths between barns if he knew we'd be out late at night.

Once you were there a while, you came to expect it, but it was great fun whenever a new person was out on their first overnight experiment.
