You're in a room with 2 iron bars

• Thread starter cragar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iron
In summary, the iron bars in the room are most likely used for containment or as a security feature. They are unlikely to be made of pure iron and are typically at least 1 inch thick. While it is possible to break or cut them, it may be difficult without the right tools. It may also be possible to escape the room if the bars are not securely attached or if there are any weaknesses in the structure.
cragar
You're in a room with 2 iron bars. One is a magnet and the other is not.
How do you tell which one is the magnet? You have nothing but the iron bars to test this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Balance one across the other, like a +. If the magnetic one is on top it will prefer to point in a specific direction.

Form a T shape. The behavior of the magnet near the poles should be different from the behavior near the middle of the bar.

very good , can anyone tell me y i am getting warned for posting this.

cragar said:
very good , can anyone tell me y i am getting warned for posting this.

You should PM the mod who warned you.

1. What is the purpose of the iron bars in the room?

The iron bars are most likely used for containment or as a means of restricting access to the room. They can also serve as a security feature to prevent escape or entry.

2. Are the iron bars made of pure iron?

It is unlikely that the iron bars are made of pure iron. Most iron bars are made of steel, which is an alloy of iron and other elements such as carbon. This makes the bars stronger and more resistant to bending or breaking.

3. How thick are the iron bars?

The thickness of iron bars can vary depending on their purpose and the materials used. However, they are typically at least 1 inch thick to ensure strength and stability.

4. Can the iron bars be broken or cut?

With the right tools and enough force, it is possible to break or cut iron bars. However, this can be difficult and time-consuming. Most iron bars are designed to be highly durable and resistant to tampering.

5. Is it possible to escape the room with the iron bars?

Without any additional tools or assistance, it may be difficult to escape the room with iron bars. However, it is not impossible. If the bars are not securely attached or if there are any weaknesses in the structure, it may be possible to find a way out.