Zeitgeist the movie, Real? or just Real crap?

That was the entire point for the Nazi propoganda
No, that was far from being important, it is a minor suggestion, obvious BS
Zeitgeist is also some german word for unity.
No.
Zeitgeist is originally a German expression that means "the spirit of the age", literally translated as time (Zeit), spirit (Geist). In some countries it has a different meaning; e.g. in the Netherlands Zeitgeist literally refers to the mind of the time (tijdsgeest), and mind is understood as the mental spirit (state of mind). The word zeitgeist describes the intellectual and cultural climate of an era. In German, the word has more layers of meaning than the English translation, including the fact that Zeitgeist can only be observed for past events.
edit
source : Zeitgeist (wiki)

OrbitalPower

Where are the refutations on its claims about the Christian religion and the Federal Reserve?

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Where are the refutations on its claims about the Christian religion and the Federal Reserve?
Isn't this a bit backwards? The onus is on them to show they've made a sound argument in favour of any claims first before anyone needs to do any refuting.

Isn't this a bit backwards?
I would not think so. The argument was made and is over now. People here say "made quite badly", without providing much.

It is in fact not easy to provide counter arguments against somebody telling you "my researches shew that Jesus was wearing pink underwear, therefore was probably gay". The interpretation of such result here is stupid, but the question is about the fact, for which nobody has reference of. The only counter argument for the fact is "but then show the details of your research" : however the movie is not about the details of the investigation, but the interpretation of the results of an investigation, no reference being provided for the investigation itself. As such, for me at least, the facts are not acceptable. The interpretation is still something interesting to know about, at least to know that some people out there seriously believe in, although not accepting the facts but being interested in the interpretation is highly contradictory, I must admit :smile:

DrClapeyron

Also from wikipedia

"Zeitgeist" refers to the ethos of a select group of people, that express a particular world view which is prevalent at a particular period of socio-cultural progression.
World view or Weltanschauugen…
In The Language of the Third Reich, Weltanschauungen came to designate the instinctive understanding of complex geo-political problems by the Nazis, which allowed them to act in the name of a higher ideal[4] and in accordance to their theory of the world. These acts perceived outside that unique Weltanschauung are now commonly perceived as acts of aggression, such as openly beginning invasions, twisting facts, and violating human rights.
The Nazi belief was Germans, even in non-german lands, must unite because their calling was of a higher status than all other races.

That is zeitgeist in a nutshell. The movie appears to be very anti-American and coincidently has a Nazi propoganda slogan for its title. I think it is safe to assume it is Nazi propoganda.

I think it is safe to assume it is Nazi propoganda.
But that does not make sense to me. They call GB nazi and consider it an insult. They are against people they themselves call nazi. At least on the surface, this point of view is inconsistent to me. You can elaborate and call them nazi as you would call Nietzsche a nazi, but then that will be your opinion and interpretation. As far as I understand, calling Nietzsche fascist is mostly disregarded today, and I would not consider it much more relevant here.

Rejecting this movie as complete non-sense is no more reasonable to me than accepting it as crystal clear truth.
Rejecting it is completely reasonable. Any movie that advocates the mindless 9/11 conspiracy theory is a quack movie, and doesn't deserve any praise. That's really the only indicator you need to know its ********. There's no sense in going any further than that.

Rejecting it is completely reasonable. Any movie that advocates the mindless 9/11 conspiracy theory is a quack movie, and doesn't deserve any praise. That's really the only indicator you need to know its ********. There's no sense in going any further than that.
Usually, when people react like this loosing a calm and respectful tone, it indicates something has been touched at the border of their understanding. That may be due to their own feelings. If you have personal reasons to be upset by this, I am sorry for you. Maybe you can think about the situation in Israel/Palestine, all the great achievements that had been done before the current administration, and how they gave that up as soon as they arrived, how much they were needed and how they did not care, how many lives there... because of what ? What was the administration so busy with not to continue the negotiations ? So you see, if you feel sorry for what happened here, you can think of what happens there, constantly, and maybe that can put things into perspective.

Usually, when people react like this loosing a calm and respectful tone, it indicates something has been touched at the border of their understanding. That may be due to their own feelings. If you have personal reasons to be upset by this, I am sorry for you. Maybe you can think about the situation in Israel/Palestine, all the great achievements that had been done before the current administration, and how they gave that up as soon as they arrived, how much they were needed and how they did not care, how many lives there... because of what ? What was the administration so busy with not to continue the negotiations ? So you see, if you feel sorry for what happened here, you can think of what happens there, constantly, and maybe that can put things into perspective.
The only thing that touches me is when people wallow in false information. The rest of your post didn't make much sense to me. So to clear up any confusion I'll point you to the following three links:

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3573347&postcount=1"
http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3573351&postcount=2"
http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p=3573356&postcount=3"

53 errors in the first 11 1/2 minutes. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from wikipedia

World view or Weltanschauugen…

The Nazi belief was Germans, even in non-german lands, must unite because their calling was of a higher status than all other races.

That is zeitgeist in a nutshell. The movie appears to be very anti-American and coincidently has a Nazi propoganda slogan for its title. I think it is safe to assume it is Nazi propoganda.
This is ridiculous. Zeitgeist is a term that incorporates what the general public means and feels about everything. Just like slavery is bad, it is a part of the zeitgeist today, but wasn't some hundred years ago.

And I know alot of germans, none of them are nazis.

DrClapeyron

The zeitgeist during 1930’s and 1940’s Germany was Nazism. I don’t believe it is deniable that the film is heavily anti-american and is promoting itself as the “belief of the general public”. Where in the world is this nonse the general belief?

I can say that the Nazis promoted the idea that Britain could not be the US’s ally because she once was at war with the US and burnt the US capitol. The Nazis also believed that since most Americans were German descent they should be given status in the new German clan and the same for the superior Nordic race.

Nazi belief also centered around religious conspiracies. Nazis made the claim that Jews had been using their beliefs to control the world through deception inherit in their religion.

According to the Nazi: The German defeat during WWI was not what it appeared to be. The Germans lost not because the small size of Germany compared to the allies, but instead were defeated because the Jews allowed it to happen.

Nazis also propogated the idea that there was colossal corruption and conspiracy in the German government. This is why they burnt the non-functioning Reichstag and blamed the communist.

The film Zeitgeist offers evidence to show that the present systems in America are false and deceptive. It makes the claims that the systems aren’t constitutional and do not follow the “true American belief”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods? Methinks this is getting out of hand.

I don’t believe it is deniable that the film is heavily anti-american and is promoting itself as the “belief of the general public”.
No, that is easily deniable (now don't get me wrong people, I still think much of this movie is pure ********) did they claim it to be the belief of the general public, or did they show (or atleast hint to) how the belief of the general public is formed? You fail when you assert they use the title "Zeitgeist" to show what they're saying is the belief of the general public, as for the film being anti-american I would'nt know, but doesn't that come down to what people define as american?

The zeitgeist during 1930’s and 1940’s Germany was Nazism.
Your point being? Slavery of Africans was the zeitgeist in America from the mid 1600's to mid 1800's. Does that make every american today a slaver?

Does that make every Russian a communist?

Does that make every Norwegian a viking?

You're assertions that every german is a nazi is just ridiculous, and I know alot of german people who would be deeply offended of your moronic claims.

cristo

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This thread's run its course, and thus I am closing it now.

Last edited: