Zeitgeist the movie, Real? or just Real crap?

• Thread starter The_Thinker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: Also, the section on 9/11 conspiracies is just ludicrous. Some people do believe that the US government was behind the attacks, but there's no evidence to back up that claim. Some people also believe that the Federal Reserve caused the recession, but there's no evidence to support that either.
The zeitgeist during 1930’s and 1940’s Germany was Nazism. I don’t believe it is deniable that the film is heavily anti-american and is promoting itself as the “belief of the general public”. Where in the world is this nonse the general belief?

I can say that the Nazis promoted the idea that Britain could not be the US’s ally because she once was at war with the US and burnt the US capitol. The Nazis also believed that since most Americans were German descent they should be given status in the new German clan and the same for the superior Nordic race.

Nazi belief also centered around religious conspiracies. Nazis made the claim that Jews had been using their beliefs to control the world through deception inherit in their religion.

According to the Nazi: The German defeat during WWI was not what it appeared to be. The Germans lost not because the small size of Germany compared to the allies, but instead were defeated because the Jews allowed it to happen.

Nazis also propogated the idea that there was colossal corruption and conspiracy in the German government. This is why they burnt the non-functioning Reichstag and blamed the communist.

The film Zeitgeist offers evidence to show that the present systems in America are false and deceptive. It makes the claims that the systems aren’t constitutional and do not follow the “true American belief”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Mods? Methinks this is getting out of hand.

DrClapeyron said:
I don’t believe it is deniable that the film is heavily anti-american and is promoting itself as the “belief of the general public”.

No, that is easily deniable (now don't get me wrong people, I still think much of this movie is pure ********) did they claim it to be the belief of the general public, or did they show (or atleast hint to) how the belief of the general public is formed? You fail when you assert they use the title "Zeitgeist" to show what they're saying is the belief of the general public, as for the film being anti-american I would'nt know, but doesn't that come down to what people define as american?

DrClapeyron said:
The zeitgeist during 1930’s and 1940’s Germany was Nazism.

Your point being? Slavery of Africans was the zeitgeist in America from the mid 1600's to mid 1800's. Does that make every american today a slaver?

Does that make every Russian a communist?

Does that make every Norwegian a viking?

You're assertions that every german is a nazi is just ridiculous, and I know a lot of german people who would be deeply offended of your moronic claims.

This thread's run its course, and thus I am closing it now.

Last edited: