PF PHOTO CONTEST - Orange (11/3-11/9)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
94 replies · 14K views
FredGarvin said:
I was trying to get him to do the Mr. Burns "eeeeexcelllllent" pose, but he just wasn't cooperating.

Oh, I thought he was doing that very well. He sort of has the evil genius look, "Today the pumpkin patch, tomorrow the WORLD!" *evil genius laugh*
 
Physics news on Phys.org
EnumaElish said:
I took this picture while on travel in India.

I approved the attachment for now, but take a look at the instructions of how to post it using image tags so Zz will be able to post the link in the voting thread too.
 
EnumaElish said:
I took this picture while on travel in India.

Take note that unless you can post the picture here not as an attachment, I cannot use it for the contest.

Zz.
 
FredGarvin said:
Or it's at an orchard that knows how to take advantage of the local yuppie population. The picture was in the beginning of October. I'm not sure of the lateness of that. I guess under the circumstances I don't mind paying to help support local growers. They had a nice spread.

What are you talking about. That is CHEAP! One of our local orchards was getting over $1 a pound! We thought we got a late-season bargain at 60 cents!
 
Chi Meson said:
What are you talking about. That is CHEAP! One of our local orchards was getting over $1 a pound! We thought we got a late-season bargain at 60 cents!
Oh. By your post I thought you meant that that price was expensive. I really don't know what a pumpkin should be going for these days.
 
Moonbear said:
Oh, I thought he was doing that very well. He sort of has the evil genius look, "Today the pumpkin patch, tomorrow the WORLD!" *evil genius laugh*
I like that. I have to work on him to get him to do the BWAHAHAHA evil laugh. Either that or some Dr. Evil lines...I'm not quite sure yet.
 
FredGarvin said:
I like that. I have to work on him to get him to do the BWAHAHAHA evil laugh. Either that or some Dr. Evil lines...

"An evil pumpkin farmer? Perhaps?"
 
Astronuc said:
I haven't yet figured out where they put the laser beam and disintegration ray yet, but I'm sure it's got one. I don't use it for games or shopping on line.
You may not know about the laser beam and the disintegration ray, but you sure found the "impressionist" imaging button.
 
img6450eq8.jpg


Zz.
 
turbo-1 said:
You may not know about the laser beam and the disintegration ray, but you sure found the "impressionist" imaging button.
I wonder if I could find some billionaire who would by the image for $10 million. I'll even sign it for no extra charge. :biggrin: :smile:
 
ZapperZ said:
img6450eq8.jpg


Zz.
Oh where could that be as if I couldn't guess! :biggrin:
 
This orange theme is brilliant! I doubt I'll be able to vote on this one, because the choices are already too difficult.
 
Astronuc said:
Nice collection of books. I have several and I see others I need to get - like that orange one. :biggrin:

Thanks, the orange one is pretty interesting. Also Thorne's GR is fascinating. I'm saving it for the "black" contest. :smile:
 
what said:
Thanks, the orange one is pretty interesting. Also Thorne's GR is fascinating. I'm saving it for the "black" contest. :smile:
Gravitation by Misner, Thorne and Wheeler is a classic!
 
http://slider142.info/images/Offsite/2007Oct14_0133_small.jpg
Took this last month when picking out a pumpkin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that no one's yet taken a picture of one of the many Orange Counties in the U.S.. *hint, hint* :biggrin:
 
neutrino said:
I'm surprised that no one's yet taken a picture of one of the many Orange Counties in the U.S.. *hint, hint* :biggrin:

I'm surprised no one has a picture of oranges!

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
I'm surprised no one has a picture of oranges!

Zz.
That'd be too clichéd.
 
slider142 said:
It's scary how much your bookshelf looks like mine. I'm only missing 3 of those books. D:

Yea, it's scary. They just keep piling up don't they? I'm running out of space on the bookshelf already.
 
neutrino said:
I'm surprised that no one's yet taken a picture of one of the many Orange Counties in the U.S.. *hint, hint* :biggrin:

One of those counties was on fire.
 
My nephew lives in San Diego County, but that place was sufficiently orange recently to qualify for this thread.
 
You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest. We have a large number of submission this time, so join in the fun if you haven't already.

Zz.
 
Funny, I expected this to be a more challenging thread that wouldn't get so many entries. It's a fun surprise to see how many interpretations of orange folks have come up with (and indeed, that none of them were of oranges!). The voting is going to be impossible!
 
Moonbear said:
It's a fun surprise to see how many interpretations of orange folks have come up with (and indeed, that none of them were of oranges!).

Actually, mine is an "Orange"... Otto the Orange. :cool: