Have You Seen Danger? - Concerned about Health

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Danger is worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned his health and his brother in law's death. Danger is also worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned his health and his brother in law's death. Danger is also worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned his health and his brother in law's death. Danger is also worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned his health and his brother in law's death. Danger is also worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned his health and his brother in law's death. Danger is also worried about his last online conversation with Georgina in which she mentioned
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
His last time online was 6-3, with his health, I'm very worried.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
His last time online was 6-3, with his health, I'm very worried.
Nope, and while we have compatible interests in many areas, I never got reliable info for personal contact. My bad.

I guess that I am especially paranoid because my brother in law had the same condition, then got an infection, and suddenly died within a couple of weeks.

So SHOW UP and prove me wrong Danger.

He's probably just having ISP problems or on a vacation.

If I can lure him to the states, I'll treat him to a few days of really high-power firearms. 10mm Auto pistols and over-loaded .45-70 rifle should be fun.

turbo-1 said:
If I can lure him to the states, I'll treat him to a few days of really high-power firearms. 10mm Auto pistols and over-loaded .45-70 rifle should be fun.
He'd love that, the local constabulatory confiscated his firearms.

I swear I really have to get that list of emergency contacts for GD members. I feel so close to everyone, yet now realize I don't know how to check on some of you should anything happen! :cry:

It's my understanding that he's in my neck of the woods somewhere. If anyone has anything more precise than that, I can see what I can do.

GeorginaS said:
It's my understanding that he's in my neck of the woods somewhere. If anyone has anything more precise than that, I can see what I can do.
We need to have some kind of contact network, even if it is "should I disappear, contact member so and so".

And anyone that disappears for 2 weeks without clearing it with me first will be BANNED.

I'm a WORRIER!

I can recall from my weak memories that he was using his wife internet and did not have his own...

rootX said:
I can recall from my weak memories that he was using his wife internet and did not have his own...
That was quite a while back.

Yeah, his wife isn't his wife anymore as far as I know. I haven't heard from him in a long time. But, it's hard to know with him. He has from time to time run into problems with internet access or computers, which limits him from getting online to let us know all is okay.

On the other hand, his ongoing health issues are also cause for concern. I hope that someone he knows in real life has been told that there are a whole lot of us who are online friends who would want to know if anything bad ever happened.

(And, yep, Georgina and I are each others' online emergency contacts. :biggrin:)

I'm sure he's fine. It's good you worry though Evo.

EDIT: If anything shall happen to me I'll make sure my family knows to make a post here :tongue: hahahaha

This is weird - how does anyone know anyone else on here...

Mu naught said:
This is weird - how does anyone know anyone else on here...

We all talk to each other frequently... There are some members in the forums who if they stopped posting I would wonder about them. It wasn't so long ago that a member of this forum had passed away.

Yeah, we're like one big dysfunctional family. :smile:

People here form attachments and friendships. I would worry if Zom disappeared, he's like the son I never had. You can't pick your relatives. :tongue2:

Some of us even manage to meet ftf. A few years back Ivan Seeking and I met on PF but soon discovered that we live about 15mi apart. We have become good friends in the non virtual world.

Evo said:
Yeah, we're like one big dysfunctional family. :smile:

People here form attachments and friendships. I would worry if Zom disappeared, he's like the son I never had. You can't pick your relatives. :tongue2:

Heyyyyyyy!

We actually conceived of an online buddy system many, many years ago when a couple of message board people disappeared and no one knew what had happened. It's really distressing to spend so much time with people, and get to know them -- in a manner -- and then simply have them disappear. It truly hurts.

So, yeah, Moonbear and I have been on message boards together for well over a decade and have developed enough trust and friendship to exchange phone numbers and e-mail addresses for people close to us to get contacted. For instance, she has my best friend's e-mail address, and she would absolutely know if anything happened to me and knows to tell Moonbear. Or, we can just call each other. It's a good system, and I wish everyone would adopt at least one person who other people could follow up with.

We develop real feelings and real attachments to people online. We shouldn't disregard that or treat it lightly.

Integral said:
Some of us even manage to meet ftf. A few years back Ivan Seeking and I met on PF but soon discovered that we live about 15mi apart. We have become good friends in the non virtual world.

I've met members of this forum and they even came to stay with us.
Make buddies here is all I do. I don't physics! :uhh:

But back to the subject at hand, if anyone can narrow down or give me some clues where I might start looking for Danger around here, I'd certainly do it. If anyone has a real name or area of the city I might start looking in. I could call local hospitals and whatnot. If anyone has something and would like to PM it to me, please do. I'd give it a shot.

The last I talk to him he mentioned having employment issues. I feel bad mentioning it since I am not sure if he had said, or intended to say, anything publicly about it but I do not think he would mind much. I am thinking, and hoping, that it is only monetary issues that is keeping him from internet access. Best case scenario he is gainfully employed and too busy to hit the library but not made enough money to start paying for internet access yet.

GeorginaS said:
But back to the subject at hand, if anyone can narrow down or give me some clues where I might start looking for Danger around here, I'd certainly do it. If anyone has a real name or area of the city I might start looking in. I could call local hospitals and whatnot. If anyone has something and would like to PM it to me, please do. I'd give it a shot.
Scorpa (used to be active here a couple of years ago) has met and corresponded with Danny (Danger) a few times, if memory serves. You could send her a PM and see if she responds. Also, a post in a thread she started might send her an email if she had notification alerts set up.

I come back to creep the posts for the first time in forever and this is what I find :( ? GeorginaS check your inbox.

scorpa said:
I come back to creep the posts for the first time in forever and this is what I find :( ? GeorginaS check your inbox.

Whoa, what a weird coincidence :eek:.

GeorginaS said:

That's sad for people who are really friends of Dan's. :frown:

scorpa said:
Scorpa! LTNS!

How have you been?

Evo said:
Scorpa! LTNS!

How have you been?

Been good, just been very busy the past while with working nearly full time and school on top of that. Just graduated university, working now and looking into going back for my masters in January in either medical genetics or molecular microbiology. Beggar for punishment apparently :)

scorpa said:
Been good, just been very busy the past while with working nearly full time and school on top of that. Just graduated university, working now and looking into going back for my masters in January in either medical genetics or molecular microbiology. Beggar for punishment apparently :)
Wonderful, sounds like a very bright future ahead of you. Drop in whenever you can. You are missed.

There are notary publics who specialize in online life, you deposit all your online accounts with them so that they can take care of it in case it is needed.

I hope we hear something about Danger soon.

If nobody still has contact details, a person could be tracked down by taking their IP from the logs, telephoning their ISP and appealing for a letter to be passed on to the account owner. Or other ways. See what 4chan can do..

Last edited:
Yes, well, anyone on staff here who can run a recent IP address could come up with something helpful.

I got a couple of PM leads, one of which gave me a place to start. It's not where I thought, so it's not close to me, but I have a friend in that area, so I have him doing some digging for me. We don't have a whole bunch to go on, but I'm looking. :smile:

Danger:cry::cry::cry:

GeorginaS said:
Yes, well, anyone on staff here who can run a recent IP address could come up with something helpful.

I got a couple of PM leads, one of which gave me a place to start. It's not where I thought, so it's not close to me, but I have a friend in that area, so I have him doing some digging for me. We don't have a whole bunch to go on, but I'm looking. :smile:

Good work!
A medal for you...
4003430088_277faeebd1_m.jpg

GeorginaS said:

Thanks for doing this Georgina!

Okay, well, if the mentors can try an IP address lead, that might help. There's a really amazing search site that narrows IP addresses down to the physical Earth co-ordinates of the originating computer, not just the ISP. So maybe try that and give me a clue.

Every piece of information I've received so far hasn't netted anything, I'm sorry to say. Borg pointed out a thread where Danger appeared to give his first and last name on the thread, and I found someone with the same first initial and same last name not far from me. I phoned and left a message for the nice man who was kind enough to phone me back just to let me know he wasn't the person I'm looking for. So.

Another lead had Danger farther away from me, so I contacted a co-worker in another city who dispatched a friend who lives in that town to ask around, with only a first name and potential nickname to go on. No luck there either. So.

All I can suggest now is maybe the IP search to narrow things down, because, truly, with no specific location to check and only a first name to go on, it's really difficult to find someone.

I'm sorry, I'd hoped to be be able to assist more. Maybe I can find the thread where he mentioned to me that he lived close to me, I could get a clue from that. I don't know.

Sorry guys.