Email notification of replies

• Thread starter mangaroosh
  • Start date
In summary, you can unsubscribe from subscribed threads by checking the "check all" check box and then selecting "update subscription type>>no email notification".
mangaroosh
Hey guys,

I went into the edit options section of my PF and set the email notification to "no email notification" but I'm still getting emails about replies to subscribed threads. Anyone know how I can turn that off?

cheers,
roosh.

Physics news on Phys.org
mangaroosh said:
Hey guys,

I went into the edit options section of my PF and set the email notification to "no email notification" but I'm still getting emails about replies to subscribed threads. Anyone know how I can turn that off?

cheers,
roosh.
Under Settings & Options > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode
use the drop down menu and select "No email notification".

Astronuc said:
Under Settings & Options > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode
use the drop down menu and select "No email notification".
That is what mangaroosh has already done.
mangaroosh said:
Hey guys,

cheers,
roosh.
The new "no email" setting applies only to threads that are subscribed to after you changed the setting. Previously subscribed threads, unfortunately, keep their original email notification setting.

I went through this myself once. I can only say that (1) the problem gets less and less with time, as the older threads get replies less and less frequently. Also (2) you can got to an old subscribed thread, unsubscribe manually, and then if you want resubscribe manually. When you resubscribe, the new "no email" setting will be in effect for that thread.

After I had changed my own setting to "no email", whenever I got an email about an old thread I would go to it and do an unsubscribe/resubscribe. Like I said, having to do this became less and less frequent over time.

You can also go to the upper left of this window, and click on My PF.

Then you have an option to View All Subscribed Threads (for me it is a link over in the middle-right of that screen.

Once you see the list, you can click on Unsubscribe for each. You can do this as a mass Unsubscribe by clicking on the top right little box to select all of the threads listed on the page, and then at the bottom of the page on the right, click the drop-down menu and Delete Subscription.

cheers for that guys.

berkeman, I followed your directions, I checked the "check all" check box, but instead of deleting the subscription I chose the "update subscription type>>no email notification" option - hopefully this might do the job.

What is email notification of replies?

Email notification of replies is a feature that allows users to receive an email whenever there is a response or reply to a specific conversation or thread. This is commonly used in online forums, discussion boards, and social media platforms to keep users updated on the latest responses to their posts.

How do I enable email notification of replies?

The process of enabling email notification of replies may vary depending on the platform or website you are using. However, it usually involves going to your account settings or preferences and selecting the option to receive email notifications for replies. You may also have the option to select which specific conversations or threads you want to receive notifications for.

Can I customize the frequency of email notifications?

Yes, most platforms and websites allow users to customize the frequency of email notifications for replies. This could range from receiving immediate notifications for every reply, to receiving a daily or weekly summary of all the replies to your posts. Some platforms may also allow you to set specific times for when you want to receive notifications.

Is email notification of replies always reliable?

Email notification of replies relies on the proper functioning of the platform or website's notification system as well as the delivery of emails to your inbox. While it is generally reliable, there may be instances where notifications are delayed or do not reach your inbox due to technical issues. It is always best to check the platform directly for any new replies to ensure you do not miss any important updates.

Can I turn off email notification of replies?

Yes, most platforms and websites allow users to turn off email notification of replies if they no longer wish to receive them. This can usually be done in the account settings or preferences menu. Keep in mind that turning off email notifications may mean you will need to manually check for any new replies to your posts.