2-d and 3-d model for contact resistance of M/n-Si (book?)

Other suggestions include "Semiconductor Device Physics and Design" by Umesh Mishra and "Microelectronics: Circuit Analysis and Design" by Donald A. Neamen.In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking resources for their assignment on contact resistance. They mention several books they have checked but none of them have information on 1-d or 2-d models for contact resistance. They also mention using Google but not finding anything. A suggested resource is "Electrical Contacts and Contact Materials" by Robert H. Dauskardt, along with other potential options.
jaus tail
Hi,
We're studying Contact resistance and the professor has given assignments on contact resistance. But I can't find any books to refer to. Here is one sample question:

upload_2018-9-17_22-33-38.png

The books I'm referring to are ones by Donald Neaman, SMZ, Kanos. but none of them have any mention of 1-d or 2-d model for contact resistance. Even the professor hasn't given much stuff about them on pdf.

I used google but couldn't find anything. Can someone suggest any books where I can find material on modelling for contact resistance extraction?

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-17_22-33-38.png
    upload_2018-9-17_22-33-38.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 544
Physics news on Phys.org
One book that I found helpful is "Electrical Contacts and Contact Materials" by Robert H. Dauskardt. It has some good information on contact resistance and the different models used to calculate them.

1. What is the difference between 2-d and 3-d models for contact resistance?

The main difference between 2-d and 3-d models for contact resistance is the dimensionality of the model. A 2-d model assumes that the contact resistance is uniform across the surface of the material, while a 3-d model takes into account variations in the contact resistance across the entire volume of the material.

2. How does the M/n-Si material affect the contact resistance in these models?

The M/n-Si material plays a crucial role in determining the contact resistance in both 2-d and 3-d models. The type and properties of the metal (M) used and the semiconductor (n-Si) material can greatly influence the contact resistance and must be carefully considered in the model.

3. What factors are typically included in these models for contact resistance?

Factors that are commonly included in these models for contact resistance include the type of metal and semiconductor materials, the surface roughness of the materials, the contact area between the materials, and the temperature of the system. Other factors such as impurities, interfacial layers, and lattice mismatch can also be considered.

4. How accurate are these models for predicting contact resistance?

The accuracy of these models for predicting contact resistance depends on the complexity and comprehensiveness of the model used. 3-d models, which take into account more factors, tend to be more accurate than 2-d models. However, the accuracy of both types of models can also be affected by experimental conditions and variations in material properties.

5. Is there a recommended model for studying contact resistance in M/n-Si materials?

There is no one recommended model for studying contact resistance in M/n-Si materials. The choice of model depends on the specific research goals and the complexity of the system being studied. It is important to carefully consider the limitations and assumptions of each model and select the most appropriate one for the specific study.