1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2 semester graduate courses vs 1 semester

1. Apr 18, 2013 #1
    I've looked at different schools degree requirements and noticed some schools require 2 semesters of quantum mechanics and electromagnetic theory, while others just have one. Could the difference in out comes be huge? If you do a masters in a school that requires one would it be harder to get into a PhD program at a different school?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2013 #2
    Are the requirements really just 1 QM/EM course? I've seen it a few places where they don't separate the two semesters of the class and just list it as one requirement (and it took some digging to realize what they really meant).

4. Apr 18, 2013 #3
    It states the classes are only offered during the spring and there is not a part 2 listed so I'm taking that it is only a one semester sequence for both QM and EM.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook