2D,3D graph plotting software

In summary, Navneeth is looking for recommendations for freeware programs similar to GraphCalc for graphing functions and generating surfaces. They have searched online but most of the options are trialwares, so they are asking for advice from experts. They mention wanting a program with a lot of features and the possibility of it being a freeware. The suggestion given is gnuplot, which is free and highly regarded.
neutrino
Hi,
I downloaded a program called GraphCalc(www.graphcalc.com) a couple of days back, and I have been having fun putting in functions and generating surfaces. Could someone recommend other such softwares(freewares) that are as good or better than the above mentioned. It need not strictly be a graphing program, but I would like to have one a little more functional. I've gone thro' the web, but the lists are quite long and most of them end up being trialwares. So, I thought of asking the experts around for advice.

'A freeware with a lot of features'...I realize that I'm asking too much, but it's a possibility.

Thanks,
Navneeth

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Did you try gnuplot?
Its free and one of the best programs out there.

Hi Navneeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience with GraphCalc and your interest in finding other similar software. I can definitely recommend a few options for you to try out.

1. GeoGebra - This is a free and open-source software that offers both 2D and 3D graphing capabilities, as well as other features such as geometry, algebra, and calculus tools. It is widely used in schools and universities and is known for its user-friendly interface.

2. Desmos - This is a popular online graphing calculator that also has a mobile app version. It offers both 2D and 3D graphing, as well as advanced features like regression analysis and polar graphing.

3. Maxima - This is a powerful computer algebra system that also has graphing capabilities. It is open-source and can be downloaded for free. It may have a steeper learning curve compared to other options, but it offers a wide range of features and functions.

I hope these recommendations help you find a software that meets your needs and preferences. Happy graphing!

What is 2D,3D graph plotting software?

2D,3D graph plotting software is a computer program that allows users to create visual representations of data in two or three dimensions. It is commonly used by scientists, engineers, and researchers to analyze and present data in a clear and understandable way.

What are the benefits of using 2D,3D graph plotting software?

2D,3D graph plotting software offers several benefits, such as the ability to visualize complex data, identify patterns and trends, and make data-driven decisions. It also allows for easier communication of data to others, as graphs and charts are often more easily understood than raw data.

What types of data can be plotted using 2D,3D graph plotting software?

2D,3D graph plotting software can be used to plot a wide range of data, including numerical data, categorical data, and scientific data. This can include data from experiments, surveys, simulations, and more.

What features should I look for in 2D,3D graph plotting software?

When choosing 2D,3D graph plotting software, it is important to look for features such as customizable graph types, the ability to import data from various sources, data analysis tools, and the ability to export graphs in different formats. It is also important to consider the ease of use and user-friendly interface of the software.

Are there any free options for 2D,3D graph plotting software?

Yes, there are several free options for 2D,3D graph plotting software, such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Plotly. These programs offer basic graphing capabilities and may be suitable for simple data analysis tasks. However, for more advanced features and data analysis, paid software may be a better option.