4 questions regarding electric field

In summary, the homework statement is K=9X10*9, E=KQ/R*2, vf=vi+at. The Attempt at a Solution states that I only have an idea on question 14, but it's wrong. For others, I don't have an answer, but I can do simple one like if all the charge in x and y-axis is in a point. Question 14 is asking what the electric field at the center of a circular arc is, and the answer is found using formulae for electric field at the center of a circular arc. I don't get it, tried but it gave 3.53, and Q10 is the same as Q9. Can you upload
realz

Homework Statement

Questions attached

Homework Equations

K=9X10*9
E=KQ/R*2
vf=vi+at

The Attempt at a Solution

I only have idea on question 14 but it's wrong. For others I don't , I can only do simple one like if all the charge in x axis

Question 14:
qE=ma
qE/m=a = 20
vf=vi+at
=50+20(2)
=90

*I've been told that all of the answers for the questions is A

Attachments

• questions.jpg
    questions.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 397
Physics news on Phys.org
for Q9 we can use formulae for Electric Field at centre of a circular arc

E = (kq/r) * r*(sin(alpha))/alpha

where alpha is half the angle of arc. In this case alpha= 45

and Q10 is same as Q9

answer of Q12 :A

darkxponent said:
for Q9 we can use formulae for Electric Field at centre of a circular arc

E = (kq/r) * r*(sin(alpha))/alpha

where alpha is half the angle of arc. In this case alpha= 45
I don't get it. tried but it gave 3.53
darkxponent said:
and Q10 is same as Q9
can you upload worksheet
darkxponent said:
answer of Q12 :A
I can do if the point of charge is in y but now if it's in 2 side x and y, can you show me the way?

what about question 14?

Dont just mug up the formula. its easier to find it by simple calculus

attachment.php?attachmentid=37243&stc=1&d=1310885847.png

consider two element dx at angle θ from central element.
their field's sin components will cancell out and thus only cos will remain.
now just integrate.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    990 bytes · Views: 462
realz said:
I don't get it. tried but it gave 3.53

can you upload worksheet
i just uploaded it but they removed it because i solved the whole question. We can't provide whole solution as per rules of PF. I just read all the rules. And i am not going to break more rules because i already have received a warning. We can only help you solve it.

You should also read the rules https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380 as you also new to this website.

1. What is an electric field?

An electric field is a physical quantity that describes the influence that an electric charge has on other charges in its vicinity. It is a vector field, meaning it has both magnitude and direction.

2. How do you calculate the strength of an electric field?

The strength of an electric field can be calculated by dividing the force exerted on a test charge by the magnitude of the test charge. It can also be calculated by dividing the electric potential difference by the distance between the charges.

3. What is the difference between an electric field and an electric potential?

An electric field describes the force that a charge experiences in the presence of other charges, while electric potential describes the work needed to move a charge from one point to another in an electric field.

4. How does the direction of an electric field relate to the direction of the force on a charge?

The direction of the electric field is the direction in which a positive test charge would move, while the direction of the force on a charge is the direction in which the charge actually moves. The force is in the opposite direction of the electric field for a negative charge.

5. Can an electric field exist in a vacuum?

Yes, an electric field can exist in a vacuum. In fact, electric fields are present everywhere, even in empty space. They are created by the presence of electric charges, and their effects can be felt even in the absence of matter.