Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

5psi Pressure relief valve acquisition.

1. Apr 17, 2012 #1
    Hi there.

I've been scouring google for a valve that will release a fluid (preferably a liquid) once 5psi has been reached. It must be within 100 x 40 x 40mm (the smaller the better). Has anyone any idea where to find a product like this?

Many thanks.
    Andy

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2012 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Apr 18, 2012 #3

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

5. Apr 18, 2012 #4
    Thanks a bunch Q Goest! The VRVI is exactly what I needed! VRVI-250B-N-5 (not really sure on seals) seems best choice. Now to find pricing...!

6. Apr 18, 2012 #5
    Thanks Mech Engineer. Followed your link, but having searched more than 20 sites with no result prior to this (with the same search), I decided to stop wasting time when there are so many people out there with a great knowledge and know exactly where to go.
    Thanks for your effort.

PS like the quotes you have! :)

7. Apr 18, 2012 #6

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So how about either of the first two results from Grainger? They're 5 psi relief valves, smaller than your size requirement, and only cost about $50.

8. Apr 19, 2012 #7
    The thread size & 90° angle was not suited for my requirements. An inline vrv was the best option due to size and suitability. Thanks for your help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook