A book about problems of quantum computation?

In summary, there is a book titled "Problems and Solutions in Quantum Computing and Quantum Information" written by W.-H. Steeb and Y. Hardy, with a 3rd edition published in 2012. It contains a variety of problems related to quantum computation and quantum information, with some chapters specifically focused on these aspects. This book may be helpful for those struggling to learn about quantum computation.
Haorong Wu
Summary: A book about problems of quantum computation?

I remember that there is a book containing many problems of quantum computation, but I can't find the page or post now.

I have hard time learning quantum computation. Thus, I want to try to solve problems in order to get a solid understanding on quantum computation.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
W.-H. Steeb and Y. Hardy, Problems and Solutions in Quantum Computing and Quantum Information, 3rd ed. (World Scientific, 2012).

https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/5496
Many problems in there are more QM and specific to QI/QC, but there are chapters dealing with QI/QC specific aspects.

DrClaude said:
W.-H. Steeb and Y. Hardy, Problems and Solutions in Quantum Computing and Quantum Information, 3rd ed. (World Scientific, 2012).

https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/5496
Many problems in there are more QM and specific to QI/QC, but there are chapters dealing with QI/QC specific aspects.
Thanks, DrClaude. That's exactly what I need.

1. What is quantum computation?

Quantum computation is a branch of computer science and physics that studies the use of quantum mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement, to perform computations. It explores how quantum systems can be harnessed to solve problems that are difficult or even impossible for classical computers to solve.

2. What are the main problems in quantum computation?

Some of the main problems in quantum computation include decoherence, which is the loss of quantum coherence in a system, and quantum error correction, which is the ability to detect and correct errors in quantum computations. Other challenges include finding efficient algorithms for quantum computers and developing scalable hardware.

3. How is quantum computation different from classical computation?

Quantum computation differs from classical computation in several ways. While classical computers use binary bits (0 or 1) to store and process information, quantum computers use quantum bits (qubits) that can exist in multiple states simultaneously. This allows quantum computers to perform certain calculations much faster than classical computers.

4. What are some potential applications of quantum computation?

Quantum computation has the potential to revolutionize fields such as cryptography, drug discovery, and artificial intelligence. It could also greatly enhance our ability to simulate and understand complex systems, such as chemical reactions and materials.

5. What are the current limitations of quantum computation?

One of the main limitations of quantum computation is the difficulty in building and maintaining stable quantum systems. Decoherence and errors in quantum computations can also limit the accuracy and reliability of results. Additionally, the development of quantum algorithms and software is still in its early stages, so there is much more research and development needed in this area.