A density of 1.5 g cm-3 is equivalent to:

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cute-Bunny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density Equivalent
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
Cute-Bunny
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
A density of 1.5 g cm-3 is equivalent to:

a. 1500 g L-1

b. 150 g L-1

c. 1.5x10^-3 Kg L-1

d. 15 g L-1
 
Physics news on Phys.org
chemisttree said:
So, what do you think?

i would think is c but I am sure its wrong
 
If you can explain your choice, it will be obvious I'm sure.
 
1cm=10dm
1cm/3= 1000dm/3 (since 10^3=1000)
1dm=1L
1000dm/3=1000L

Therefore your task here is to multiply 1.5 by the equivalent of 1 cm/3 in Liters :)
 
Last edited:
Kennedy619 said:
1cm=10dm

No. 1dm=10cm

1cm/3= 1000dm/3 (since 10^3=1000)

You started with the wrong assumption, so this is wrong as well. Note that 1cm/3 and 1cm3 are two different things. I suppose you wanted to write cm^3.

1dm=1L

And miraculously this is correct.
 
Borek said:
No. 1dm=10cm



You started with the wrong assumption, so this is wrong as well. Note that 1cm/3 and 1cm3 are two different things. I suppose you wanted to write cm^3.



And miraculously this is correct.


Oh yeah, I did make a few mistakes. Fortunately, I remembered and put down the concept of what had to be done.