1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A list of MUST-READ titles for future physicists!

1. May 19, 2012 #1
    Can anyone give me a short list of MUST-READ physics books? I mean books like for example Feynman's 'QED' and Hawking's 'A brief history of time'.

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2012 #2
    I recommend reading something like Scientific American or New Scientist on a regular basis. That gives you an overview of what is going on, helps you find out what interests you, and in what direction you should eventually specialize.

Having such a goal is good for your motivation and will guide you through undergrad school.

Also, if you are the experimental type then get you hands dirty and build stuff.

4. May 19, 2012 #3

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Hawking's Brief History... is a mustn't read!

If you want to read a nice account of physics try "Conceptual Physics" of Hewitt.

5. May 19, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

The Feynman lectures of course.

6. May 19, 2012 #5
    Landau, Lifgarbagez vol.1-10 :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook