1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A silly question that im really stuck on after 4 hours of staring at it

1. Sep 21, 2009 #1
    So i have the following question(s) in my homework assignment (This question is in regards to a car that is pushing a truck that has broken down in the middle of the road and i have to describe the motion/force):
    Wouldn't the answer be that the car is pushing with less force than the truck is pushing back ? or would they both be equal? Because apparently the car isnt pushing with a less force than the truck and I got it wrong (my teacher wont explain to me what the right answer is and why).

At first I thought it might be less than, but thats not the answer.

Help please ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2009 #2
    could it have something to do with work?

or the truck has a larger mass so despite how much force is exerted and there is energy is spent but there is no work seen....

4. Sep 21, 2009 #3
    that was for ur first quote.

as for the second half...no idea

5. Sep 21, 2009 #4
    it has something to do with the force of the car and truck. and yes the truck has a heavier mass

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook