A Textbook that combines biology, chemistry, and physics?

In summary: Stuff about dark matter and the multiverse.In summary, there is not currently anything available that combines physics, biology, and chemistry in an appropriate way.
jeik
Is there any textbook or any book (introductory, mostly) out there that combines the teaching of physics, biology, and chemistry phenomenon while appropriately teaching the details for each of the fields as it goes on. Or anything similar?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure that there's anything out there that has quite what you're looking for here.

Having said that, I would suspect that there will be one day, given the rise of integrated science curriculums at various schools. You might be interested in checking out, for example, the Princeton program and seeing what texts they use/recommend.

Wow, thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, it seems that they don't have the textbook I'm looking for, but rather individual ones that focus on one topic, contrary to my desire.

the more broad you go the less you learn, it's not a good idea for studying but maybe for introduction

You might consider:
Biological Physics, Energy, Information, Life, Updated 1st Ed.
by Philip NelsonPublished by W. H. Freeman and Company, NY
630 pages
" make the big picture accessible to any student who has taken first-year physics and calculus (plus a smattering of high school chemitry and biology), and who is willing to stretch."

It is a great text!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0716798972/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a great text:
Intermediate Physics for Medicine and Biology, 4th Edition (Biological and Medical Physics)
by Russell K. Hobbie, published by Springer

A maths textbook! I kid I kid.

Why not try going to second hand stores or advertising in the paper for used high-school "Science" textbooks, saying you don't care if they're from the old syllabus. (The information is usually up-to-date but the syllabus keeps changing to help publishers make money). Actually the fact that they're doing it just to make money is usually illustrated really clearly in how they leave in information which has been discredited.

What is the purpose of a textbook that combines biology, chemistry, and physics?

The purpose of a textbook that combines biology, chemistry, and physics is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the natural world by exploring the principles and phenomena of these three interconnected scientific disciplines.

What are the benefits of studying all three subjects in one textbook?

Studying all three subjects in one textbook allows for a more holistic approach to learning and understanding the natural world. It also helps students make connections between different scientific concepts and see how they are related.

Is this textbook suitable for all levels of students?

Yes, this textbook is suitable for students at all levels, from high school to college. It covers fundamental concepts in biology, chemistry, and physics, making it accessible to beginners while also providing more in-depth information for advanced learners.

What kind of topics can I expect to find in this textbook?

This textbook covers a wide range of topics, including the basics of cell biology, biochemistry, atomic structure, chemical reactions, and the laws of motion and thermodynamics. It also explores how these topics are interconnected and their relevance in the natural world.

Are there any practical applications of the concepts covered in this textbook?

Yes, the concepts covered in this textbook have practical applications in various fields, such as medicine, environmental science, materials science, and engineering. Understanding the principles of biology, chemistry, and physics can also help students make informed decisions in their daily lives.