A Thousand Brains: Interview w/ Author on AI and Neuroscience

  • Topic: AI 
  • Thread starter Thread starter bhobba
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 1K views
Messages
11,160
Reaction score
4,008
I found an interesting interview with the author of a book called A Thousand Brains:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CDYR545/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Over on the QM Forum, things sometimes get into this consciousness thing, and we need to understand it better to understand QM. I'm afraid I have to disagree with that, but the scientific discipline of what the brain does and how it works (neuroscience) is, of course, an interesting area worth knowing a bit about. Anyway, I am watching the interview now and am impressed:


So impressed I ordered the book. I especially like the idea the mind really forms models that determine our actions, which I have believed in for a long time. In fact, IMHO, it is at the foundations of science.

Others may be interested in it as well.

I was a bit unsure where to put the post, but the author uses his work in AI and has won awards in the area, so I decided to put it in computer science after initially posting in Biology. It just goes to show science is becoming more interdisciplinary all the time.

Thanks
Bill
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I read a book by Jeff Hawkins, called something like "On Intelligence", which explained his idea of how our brains work so well to see patterns. I don't know whether it had any influence on AI research.