1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About the sequence of walter greiner's physic series

1. May 25, 2009 #1
    I want to learn these books by myself,but I don't know the sequence.

Walter Greiner course of Physics - 14 Books Summary:
    1 Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction
    2 Quantum Mechanics. Special Chapters
    3. Quantum Mechanics: Symmetries
    4. Relativistic Quantum Mechanics. Wave Equations
    5. Field Quantization
    6. Quantum Electrodynamics
    7. Quantum Electrodynamics of Strong Fields: With an Introduction into Modern Relativistic Quantum Mechanics
    8. Quantum Chromodynamics
    9. Gauge Theory of Weak Interactions
    10. Nuclear Models
    11. Classical Mechanics: Point Particles and Relativity
    12. Classical Mechanics: Systems of Particles and Hamiltonian Dynamics
    13. Classical Electrodynamics
    14. Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2009 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My suggestion is to look at the preface and see his suggested sequence. Mine would be 11, 12, 13, 14, then 1-10 in that order.

Not having said that, there are subjects in Statistical Mechanics which need techniques from QFT........

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  4. May 25, 2009 #3
    I agree with Dr Transport in general.

But 10. Nuclear Models really only requires the QM series to understand and work through

5. May 25, 2009 #4

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

By the way, are these books any good? They look quite nice but I've never seen them used in classes or recommended by people or anything.

6. May 26, 2009 #5
    Thank you all! I've read 11. Classical Mechanics: Point Particles and Relativity,and the general part of the 14. Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics,i'll keep reading in your seggested sequence and look for better books.
    Are these books no good for teaching myself?

7. Jul 10, 2010 #6
    I have most of tehse books and I find tyhem just perfect and surely better than 80% of what you can find on purchase. Those books are in the pure german mathematical tradition and its really hard to find something similar elsewhere as the jewels from French/German mathamatics and physics are not easily accessible.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook