Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

About this strategy to prove Riemann Hypothesis

1. Feb 8, 2010 #1
    http://arxiv1.library.cornell.edu/PS_cache/math/pdf/0102/0102031v10.pdf [Broken] and http://arxiv1.library.cornell.edu/PS_cache/math/pdf/0102/0102031v1.pdf [Broken]

what do you think ?

Author defines 2 operators [tex] D_{+} [/tex] and [tex] D_{-} [/tex] so they satisfy the properties [tex] D_{+} = D^{*}_{-} [/tex] [tex] D_{-} = D^{*}_{+} [/tex]

[tex] D_{+} =x\frac{d}{dx}+ \frac{dV}{dx} [/tex]

[tex] D_{-} =-x\frac{d}{dx}+ \frac{dV}{dx} [/tex]

If we define the Hamiltonian [tex] H= D_{+}D_{-} [/tex] this Hamiltonian would be Hermitian

and the energies would be [tex] E_{n}= s_{n} (1-s_{n}) [/tex] , here 's' are the zeros for the Riemann zeta function , so since the eigenvalues are real s(1-s) is real ONLY whenever ALL the zeros have real part 1/2 but ¿is this true ? , have this man proved Riemann HYpothesis ???
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2010 #2

Science Advisor

Talking about the "Hamiltonian" and "energy" for a purely mathematics problem looks to me as just a way of making things more complicated and vaguer.
  4. Feb 8, 2010 #3
    it is simply operator theory ,

although i believe that if s is an eigenvalue of [tex] D_{+} [/tex] , then the complex conjugate to 's' will be the eigenvalue of [tex] D_{-} [/tex] , so the Eigenvalues of Hamiltonian H will be [tex] H\Psi = s.s^{*}\Psi [/tex] , so perhaps we will need another condition
  5. Feb 8, 2010 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No .
  6. Feb 10, 2010 #5

Gib Z

Homework Helper

It amuses me to research these crackpots. Besides proving the Riemann Hypothesis, he has also generalized General Relativity, Super String Theories, Quantum Mechanics and every other physical theory into "Topological GeometroDynamics (TGD)". He fraudulently states he is a Professor at the University of Helsinki, and provides false links to his non-existent University webpage to boot.
  7. Feb 17, 2010 #6
    0102031v10.pdf this is version ten of the paper ... ???
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook