Acceleration-velocity-position graph~

• Thread starter P-Illiterate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
To draw the position vs. time graph, you can plot the velocity at each point and then calculate the area under the curve to get the position. In summary, to draw a velocity vs. time graph and a position vs. time graph from an acceleration vs. time graph, you can use the areas under the curve to determine the corresponding values.
P-Illiterate
How do I draw a velocity vs time graph and a position vs time graph if I'm a given a acceleration vs time graph ?
Thank you :D

Physics news on Phys.org
P-Illiterate said:
How do I draw a velocity vs time graph and a position vs time graph if I'm a given a acceleration vs time graph ?
Thank you :D

The area under the acceleration vs. time graph gives the velocity at that point. Similarly, the area under the velocity vs. time graph gives the position.

rock.freak667 said:
The area under the acceleration vs. time graph gives the velocity at that point. Similarly, the area under the velocity vs. time graph gives the position.

but I still don't get how I draw it in the graph

can someone help mee??!

P-Illiterate said:
but I still don't get how I draw it in the graph

For example, the area from t=0 to t=t1, will give the velocity at t= t1.

1. What is an acceleration-velocity-position graph?

An acceleration-velocity-position graph, also known as a motion graph, is a graphical representation of the relationship between acceleration, velocity, and position of an object over time. It shows how the motion of an object changes over time and can help us understand the motion and behavior of objects.

2. How is acceleration represented on an acceleration-velocity-position graph?

Acceleration is represented by the slope of the velocity-time graph. It is the rate of change of velocity with respect to time. A steeper slope indicates a higher acceleration, while a flatter slope indicates a lower acceleration.

3. What does the shape of an acceleration-velocity-position graph tell us about the motion of an object?

The shape of an acceleration-velocity-position graph can tell us about the type of motion an object is undergoing. A horizontal line on the position-time graph indicates a constant velocity, while a curved line indicates an acceleration. A straight line on the velocity-time graph indicates a constant acceleration, while a curved line indicates a changing acceleration.

4. How can we calculate velocity and acceleration from an acceleration-velocity-position graph?

Velocity can be calculated by finding the slope of the position-time graph, while acceleration can be calculated by finding the slope of the velocity-time graph. The units for velocity are distance divided by time (m/s), and the units for acceleration are velocity divided by time (m/s^2).

5. Can an object have a constant acceleration and changing velocity?

Yes, an object can have a constant acceleration and changing velocity. This can happen when the acceleration is in the same direction as the velocity, causing the object to speed up, or in the opposite direction, causing the object to slow down. However, the magnitude of the acceleration must remain constant for this to occur.