Action Scenes in movies that depict projectile motion?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 10K views
crhscoog
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Action Scenes in movies that depict projectile motion??

What are some actions scenes in movies or cartoons that depict projectile motion? This is for a physics project but I can't think of any good scenes to do. I would do the tunnel-helicopter scene in Die Hard 4 but the ramp isn't frictionless...
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Any scene where a guy jumps from the roof of one building to a lower building.
 


I'm a bit weird, so I'd probably try to pick a scene no one else would do. there isn't a movie that doesn't have some sort of projectile motion. Baseballs, cannonballs, spit, bullets. I'd probably do a spit scene. They probably spit in Bull Durham I just saw a movie where some guy spits a big brown tobacco spit and kills a bug. I can't remember what it was though
 


BobG said:
The Exorcist.

tribdog said:
good one

Simply measure (or estimate) the height of her mouth. Measure (or estimate) the landing point for the vomit. Use the projectile vomiting equation (SUVAT equation for you Brits) to calculate the velocity of the vomit as it leaves her mouth.
 


The roadrunner and coyote cartoon depicts projectile motion in virtually every episode.
 


If I wasn't such a gentleman I'd suggest a porno. You can usually find some projectile motion in one of them.
 


What was that mountain movie, where they guy makes a ridiculous jump across a chasm? Was that Vertical Limit?