Adam and Eve versus our ancestral marine organism

  • Thread starter Thread starter bugatti79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Marine Organism
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 5K views
bugatti79
Messages
786
Reaction score
4
Folks,

Can anyone recommend any books regarding the argument of we unlikely came from 'adam and eve' (devine intervention) versus evolutionary evidence etc etc

Thanks
bugatti
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Dawkins later books are heavy, as he spends too much time discussing unrelated things. Sadly that's a win of anti-evolutionists. The earlier ones are much better, but they are concentrated more on mechanisms, than on any particular lineage.
 
I haven't read many books on the subject, but I have read Why Evolution Is True by Jerry A. Coyne and it was very good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Floid said:
I haven't read many books on the subject, but I have read Why Evolution Is True by Jerry A. Coyne and it was very good.

Is this for the layman like myself? Or similar to Dawkins?

Thanks for the info.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
bugatti79 said:
Is this for the layman like myself? Or similar to Dawkins?

Your question is not correctly framed, because "The Greatest Show On Earth" (by Dawkins) is definitely intended for laymen.

In fact, I think you would have a hard time finding a book like you describe that is NOT intended for laymen. A serious scientific book would not even address "Adam and Eve," any more than it would waste a chapter on unicorns. Neither subject has anything to do with science.

If you want a book that explicitly opposes the Bible, you would be better off reading books on theology. IMO "The Age of Reason," written by Revolutionary War hero Thomas Paine over 200 years ago, has yet to be surpassed.
 
Last edited:
bugatti79 said:
I find Dawkins books heavy reading. Is this true for TGSOE he wrote?
Get the audio-book. Dawkins and his wife narrate/read very nicely. You get a much better sense of flow with his voice. My opinion, anyway.

I listened to both God Delusion and Greatest Show this way. It is great for when you are commuting...
 
I love this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0813545501/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I stumbled upon it in a Barnes and Noble last summer. It goes into detail about how the scientific method works and how creationism uses pseudoscience. I couldn't keep the book down and have read it a couple times since.
 
Last edited by a moderator: