Adam and Eve versus our ancestral marine organism

In summary: If you want a book that explicitly opposes the Bible, you would be better off reading books on theology.
bugatti79
Folks,

Can anyone recommend any books regarding the argument of we unlikely came from 'adam and eve' (devine intervention) versus evolutionary evidence etc etc

Thanks
bugatti

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Dawkins later books are heavy, as he spends too much time discussing unrelated things. Sadly that's a win of anti-evolutionists. The earlier ones are much better, but they are concentrated more on mechanisms, than on any particular lineage.

I haven't read many books on the subject, but I have read Why Evolution Is True by Jerry A. Coyne and it was very good.

Floid said:
I haven't read many books on the subject, but I have read Why Evolution Is True by Jerry A. Coyne and it was very good.

Is this for the layman like myself? Or similar to Dawkins?

Thanks for the info.

bugatti79 said:
Is this for the layman like myself? Or similar to Dawkins?

Your question is not correctly framed, because "The Greatest Show On Earth" (by Dawkins) is definitely intended for laymen.

In fact, I think you would have a hard time finding a book like you describe that is NOT intended for laymen. A serious scientific book would not even address "Adam and Eve," any more than it would waste a chapter on unicorns. Neither subject has anything to do with science.

If you want a book that explicitly opposes the Bible, you would be better off reading books on theology. IMO "The Age of Reason," written by Revolutionary War hero Thomas Paine over 200 years ago, has yet to be surpassed.

Last edited:
bugatti79 said:
I find Dawkins books heavy reading. Is this true for TGSOE he wrote?
Get the audio-book. Dawkins and his wife narrate/read very nicely. You get a much better sense of flow with his voice. My opinion, anyway.

I listened to both God Delusion and Greatest Show this way. It is great for when you are commuting...

I love this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0813545501/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I stumbled upon it in a Barnes and Noble last summer. It goes into detail about how the scientific method works and how creationism uses pseudoscience. I couldn't keep the book down and have read it a couple times since.

What is the difference between Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism?

The main difference between Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism is their origin. Adam and Eve are believed to be the first human beings, created by a divine being, while our ancestral marine organism evolved over millions of years through natural selection.

When did Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism exist?

According to religious beliefs, Adam and Eve existed around 6,000 years ago. On the other hand, our ancestral marine organism existed millions of years ago, with the first known vertebrates appearing around 525 million years ago.

What evidence do we have for the existence of Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism?

The existence of Adam and Eve is based on religious texts and beliefs, while the existence of our ancestral marine organism is supported by extensive fossil records and scientific research.

Did Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism coexist?

Based on the timeline of their existence, it is highly unlikely that Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism coexisted. Our ancestral marine organism existed millions of years before the estimated time of Adam and Eve's existence.

How do Adam and Eve and our ancestral marine organism relate to human evolution?

Adam and Eve are believed to be the first human beings according to religious beliefs, while our ancestral marine organism played a significant role in the evolution of vertebrates, including humans. However, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of Adam and Eve as the first humans.