1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Advanced Math courses online/through universitys

1. Feb 10, 2013 #1
    I'm finishing my undergrad work in Physics and was just curious if there were sources to take 'advanced' math classes besides enrolling in a grad program. If for instance I wanted to take a Group Theory course for my own entertainment or whatever. I'm looking for something legitimate e.g. not a youtube series.

Any suggestions would be great (if any exist).

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2013 #2
    I wrote a post with some options a few weeks ago but from my memory, try:

Univ of Indiana-East
    U of Ottawa (KS)
    U of Idaho (Eng Outreach)
    Emporia State U
    Nicholls State U
    U of Central Florida
    U of West Florida
    Texas A& M U

4. Feb 12, 2013 #3
    I'm currently doing a mathematics bachelor's program at University of IL Springfield, purely online. I already have advanced degrees and whatnot, this is just for fun.

Check it out, sounds like it's close to what you're looking for: http://www.uis.edu/math/index.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Feb 12, 2013 #4
    The OP mentioned that he/she did not want to enroll in a program, and UIS makes it prohibitive for anyone not enrolled in their program to take classes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook