1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice on choosing a Monograph topic

1. Oct 6, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone,

I'm a senior undergraduate and I'm planing to do a Monograph related to Quantum effects in Gravity (Hawking radiation or something similar(?)) or even some QFT in curved space-time (maybe ambitious since I know this is VERY HARD and I don't have much time), the thing is I can't decide an specific topic to work on that that isn't going to kill me in the 6 months I have to work on it and where I can get some nice results to show. So fellow forumers I will greatly appreciate any suggestions you can give me to choose a topic to work on.

BTW I have taken courses in GR and QFT and I believe I have a very good understanding. I plan to take an advanced QFT course and I'm fairly good at mathematics. I have taken all undergraduate physics courses, three graduate physics courses, and some undergraduate math courses.

Maybe some of you can help me decide.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2015 #2
    There are other research areas that are more accessible to an undergraduate. You really need a topic in a field where a faculty mentor is confident you can succeed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook