Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

After More than 7 Years Here

1. Nov 20, 2013 #1

danago

Gold Member

I joined in March of 2006, during my penultimate year of high school. Judging by my earlier threads (which make me cringe upon re-reading them haha :tongue:), it was a question I had in physics that prompted me to join. I quickly realised how great the community here was, so I kept coming back with problems I had, endeavoring to learn things beyond the basic standard required by my school.

Now, more than 7 years later, I have finally finished my university degree. I don't normally go and make posts like this, but this is seriously one of the best online communities I've come across, and certainly the most useful resource for students of math, science and engineering. I have gotten so much out of it (whether it be through asking questions, or just lurking and reading other threads), so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, especially those who assist in the Homework Help section :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Now you should stay around and become a mentor for others.

4. Nov 20, 2013 #3
    Indeed, this community is great. I joined just to learn more about physics and people here explain things very well.

5. Nov 20, 2013 #4

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Congratulations on your degree :)

This forum has helped me immeasurably throughout the course of 3 years, so much so that I am forever indebted to it. Plus I met people on this forum that I now talk to more frequently than I do with people at my own university. My younger self would have never believed the possibility of a physics forum being more addictive than video games xD.

Anyways, good luck with your future!

6. Nov 20, 2013 #5
    A Vitali amount of help!

7. Nov 20, 2013 #6

danago

Gold Member

Ahah that is true! I often find myself surfing through threads completely unrelated to what I'm doing, and then before I know it an hour has passed :tongue:

8. Nov 20, 2013 #7
    Congrats danago!!! Thanks everyone for your assistance!

9. Nov 20, 2013 #8

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

+1.0! :smile:

10. Nov 20, 2013 #9

adjacent

Gold Member

This forums seems very ancient to me.

11. Nov 20, 2013 #10

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

That statement seems very obtuse to me.

12. Nov 20, 2013 #11
    We got standards!
    :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  13. Nov 21, 2013 #12

adjacent

Gold Member

Thats my opinion.And there's a reason for that.I first found physics forums many years ago(When I was a child)when I was searching for an image of Saturn viewed with a normal telescope.Saturn is very ancient,so that ancientness got linked to physics forums(because I was a child).That idea never got out of my memory because it's difficult to remove ideas of childhood.
    So,I expressed my ideas.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook