Air vent on steam exchangers: How?

  1. rollingstein

    rollingstein 636
    Gold Member

    Often on high points of steam heated Shell&Tube heat exchangers etc. I've seen a vent specified to allow air and other non condensables to vent.

    e.g. this sketch [​IMG]

    What's this device (I mean the one labelled "Air vent") in practice? It doesn't seem like a regular steam trap. Or is it? Or just a weep hole? But that'd constantly bleed steam.

    In general, how is venting of steam enclosures achieved.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Baluncore

    Baluncore 3,305
    Science Advisor

    1 person likes this.
  4. rollingstein

    rollingstein 636
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted