temaire Messages 275 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 29, 2012 #1 Where can I find the yield strength for AISI 1566 Carbon Steel? I tried googling it but I can't find a reliable value.
Where can I find the yield strength for AISI 1566 Carbon Steel? I tried googling it but I can't find a reliable value.
Astronuc Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Gold Member 2025 Award Messages 22,712 Reaction score 7,804 Sep 30, 2012 #2 One can buy a material data sheet (MDS) from ASM International http://www.asminternational.org/por...toid=51c097cd59dce110VgnVCM100000701e010aRCRD or check a supplier or commercial site http://www.steel0.com/AISI_1566.htm http://www.steelss.com/Carbon-steel/aisi-1566.html or Matweb http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheet.aspx?matguid=48b97b167222480e9d7e54dc321ddba0&ckck=1 Some data might be found on Key-to-Metals: http://www.keytometals.com/page.aspx?ID=Articles&LN=EN However, one have to subscribe or purchase a particular datasheet to get the information on a particular alloy. Yield strength will depend on the metallurgical state. Most properties are provided for metals in the recrystallized/annealed state. YS increase with cold-work. Nice background in this http://www.mhprofessional.com/downloads/products/0071666664/0071666664_ch01.pdf
One can buy a material data sheet (MDS) from ASM International http://www.asminternational.org/por...toid=51c097cd59dce110VgnVCM100000701e010aRCRD or check a supplier or commercial site http://www.steel0.com/AISI_1566.htm http://www.steelss.com/Carbon-steel/aisi-1566.html or Matweb http://www.matweb.com/search/datasheet.aspx?matguid=48b97b167222480e9d7e54dc321ddba0&ckck=1 Some data might be found on Key-to-Metals: http://www.keytometals.com/page.aspx?ID=Articles&LN=EN However, one have to subscribe or purchase a particular datasheet to get the information on a particular alloy. Yield strength will depend on the metallurgical state. Most properties are provided for metals in the recrystallized/annealed state. YS increase with cold-work. Nice background in this http://www.mhprofessional.com/downloads/products/0071666664/0071666664_ch01.pdf