Where Can I Find Yield Stress and Endurance Limit Data for ASTM A513 Steel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JD88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limit Yield
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 11K views
JD88
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know or know of a good resource where I can find the yield stress and endurance limit of ASTM A513 steel?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am sorry, how is this supposed to help. I google ASME section II and found nothing useful. Am I missing something? If anyone knows the values or can give a good resource I would really appreciate it.
 
ASTM A513 is a spec for tubing using carbon or alloy steel. Can you be a bit more specific with what you need?
 
I am sorry if I am not specific enough, I unfortunately don't know much about this kind of thing. Anyways, all I really know is that we have 1" OD steel tubing with 1/8" wall thickness and I was told that it is ASTM A513-07.

Hopefully this helps.
 
Whoever told you that you can find material properties from that spec is mistaken. The spec covers multiple alloys and governs the geometric manufacturing properties of tubes more specifically "Standard Specification for Electric-Resistance-Welded Carbon and Alloy Steel Mechanical Tubing."

There is a table in the back of the spec that covers approximately 15 alloys having varying properties. You need to find out the exact alloy used to make the tube you have. I have attached a snippet of the total table that gives the varying alloy requirements. Hopefully since it is only a single page there won't be any issues with copyright stuff.
 
Attachments
  • astma513-08a.jpg
    astma513-08a.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 747
I might try looking in the MMPDS or MIL-HDBK-5J to see if the specific alloy you're looking for is in there. Both publications are a strong resource for a limited number of steel, alumuinum, magnesium, and titanium alloys.