Alien artifact found in Tunguska site

In summary: Dutch space historian Geert Sassen suggests an earthly origin for the space fragments reportedly just found, and they could well have no connection with the 1908 event. According to "Challenge to Apollo," NASA's definitive history of the space race, "the payload landed about 3,500 kilometers downrange from the launch site in one of the most remote and inaccessible areas of Siberia, in the region of the Podkamennaya Tunguska River close to the impact point of the famed Tunguska meteorite." This supports my pet theory about what came down in Kecksburg, Ohio, in 1965: the soviet space craft, with occupant, that was launched a day or so before the crash
check
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2004/08/10/tunguska.shtml

According to the Moscow News, the first ever debris of the object that exploded over Tunguska, Russia in 1908 has been recovered. The article says that a large black, metallic box has been found and has been sent to a lab for analysis.

Hmmm...neato.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Amazing that they would make such statements before running tests. It will probably turn out to be some remnant from a previous expedition. :frown:

The Russian media has been extremely unreliable in recent years. Well, I guess they always were unreliable but now they are a free and unreliable media. Even though this is not Pravda which should always be ignored, I always assume that no media source in the X-Soviet is reliable. If the international press picks up the story then things might get interesting.

Well, it made it into the international media

http://www.standaard.be/nieuws/uitsmijter/index.asp?ArticleID=DMF12082004_010&Snel=1

The French bureau AFP refers to a "vaisseau extra-terrestre", the British bureaus Interfax and Ananova refer to "Alien technical device", and "Alien Craft".

Interesting,...

Rusty Geiger counter?

What use would the aliens have of a rusty Geiger counter?
(And odds are against them calling it a "Geiger" counter anyway..

What's this "deer stone" thingy? Anyone ever heard of it?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-08/12/content_1766126.htm

China)

...and still no picture. Don't Russian scientists have cameras?

I am going out on a limb and making a prediction - just for fun:
I expect a long process of testing followed by claims and denials of positive [alien] laboratory results. Accusations of cover ups and fraud will create another internet and Art Bellian legend. The information will remain sketchy. Due to the intense secrecy surrounding the device no one will have access to it. Eventually some sucker will pay big bucks to purchase this secret technology.

Of course if it turns out that aliens really did save that planet from destruction in 1908, that would be neat. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
I am going out on a limb and making a prediction - just for fun:
I expect a long process of testing followed by claims and denials of positive [alien] laboratory results. Accusations of cover ups and fraud will create another internet and Art Bellian legend. The information will remain sketchy. Due to the intense secrecy surrounding the device no one will have access to it.
Then it will disappear, mysteriously, and no one will ever be able to prove or disprove what it was.

"Then it will disappear, mysteriously, and no one will ever be able to prove or disprove what it was."

Motive? Return on investment?

Ivan Seeking said:
"Then it will disappear, mysteriously, and no one will ever be able to prove or disprove what it was."

Motive? Return on investment?
Some 'collector" will pay millions to some corrupt official for it, and it will become a legend, the missing alien technology. :wink: Rumors of conspiracy and government coverup will run rampant on the internet, which of course PROVES it was the real thing. The Discovery Channel will do at least two documentaries on it. :biggrin:

How do you like my new genre of literature; Bellian?

or

This story has a Bellian odor. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
How do you like my new genre of literature; Bellian?

or

This story has a Bellian odor. :biggrin:
I think you've coined a new phrase. :wink:

From the MSNBC link just posted by Ivan:

"But Dutch space historian Geert Sassen suggests an earthly origin for the space fragments reportedly just found, and they could well have no connection with the 1908 event. "They might have found some parts of the fifth Vostok test flight," he told associates via e-mail.
Sassen was referring to a flight on Dec. 22, 1960, meant to carry two dogs into space. According to "Challenge to Apollo," NASA's definitive history of the space race, "the payload landed about 3,500 kilometers downrange from the launch site in one of the most remote and inaccessible areas of Siberia, in the region of the Podkamennaya Tunguska River close to the impact point of the famed Tunguska meteorite."
A team of space engineers located the capsule, disarmed the destruct system, and rescued the canine passengers.
Natural explanations"

This supports my pet theory about what came down in Kecksburg, Ohio, in 1965: the soviet space craft, with occupant, that was launched a day or so before the crash. They never made ocean landings like we did, so their craft had to be much more durable. The dogs in the above story, you will notice, survived the crash landing on solid ground.

Also from the link just posted by Ivan:

"In 1978, the smoking gun of Soviet ufology was a "jellyfish" UFO that drifted through the skies of northwest Russia, zapping computers and panicking predawn witnesses."

This supports my pet theory that weird, purple jellyfish are behind everything peculiar that ever happens anywhere.

Is Evo the girl pictured in her profile? If so, I may have to join this witty exchange of predictions.

No, the girl in the picture is the daughter of Evo. Evo, herself, is equally, if not more, attractive. (Her picture is in the member photo thread somewhere.)

zoobyshoe said:
No, the girl in the picture is the daughter of Evo. Evo, herself, is equally, if not more, attractive. (Her picture is in the member photo thread somewhere.)

Man, I searched those threds hard and I couldn't find her pic!

aychamo said:
Man, I searched those threds hard and I couldn't find her pic!
Hmmm. I can't find it anymore either. Miss Evo, where has your image gone?

I only exist occasionally as an avatar now.

I received an email last night, explaining how PF is a hard science site, and there should be no, well was it theoretical content, or was it undocumentable content. I can't remember exactly how it was worded. But it seemed to me that any opinion that was not held by the mentors of the community, would be put in a holding tank somewhere, until it was all played out. In this life we all have to discriminate, since it is innate to our survival. Discriminate being the word chosen to describe functional perception. This is a highly subjective term, here, and since physics pretty well has determined that life is a crap shoot, that changes even if you just watch it; much less watch and make opinion about it. So here is a series of statements, and I wonder if Ivan used to scientific method to test these out?

The Russian media has been extremely unreliable in recent years. Well, I guess they always were unreliable but now they are a free and unreliable media. Even though this is not Pravda which should always be ignored, I always assume that no media source in the X-Soviet is reliable. If the international press picks up the story then things might get interesting.

Does this mean that any press but the Russian press is reliable? Or does this mean that reality as we know it does not exist in Russia, and that specially trained observers must report on the "experiment" there? I am impartial in these questions, but I have to ask if people have special dispensation to opine, that somehow makes opinion, not speculation, or ewwww junk science?

The new guidelines are meant to maintain academic integrity of the science forums here. Skepticism/Debunking & General Discussion are more flexible due to the topics.

Dayle Record said:
So here is a series of statements, and I wonder if Ivan used to scientific method to test these out?

Does this mean that any press but the Russian press is reliable? Or does this mean that reality as we know it does not exist in Russia, and that specially trained observers must report on the "experiment" there? I am impartial in these questions, but I have to ask if people have special dispensation to opine, that somehow makes opinion, not speculation, or ewwww junk science?

It was a personal opinion based on years of observations. No, it does not mean that any other media source is realiable, it means that Pravda has followed the path of the least realiable such as The National Enquirer.

National Enquirer

Ivan Seeking said:
It was a personal opinion based on years of observations. No, it does not mean that any other media source is realiable, it means that Pravda has followed the path of the least realiable such as The National Enquirer.

Actually check up on the National Enquirer. Several years ago they, alone of the supermarket tabloids, changfes from wild speculation to checkbook journalism. And now their stories, at least the main ones, are backed up by purchased documents. The content is still infra dig, of course.

No, I didn't know that they had changed their posture. Also, they always have had the occasional hit, such as with John Belushi's death.

Maybe they got tired of being sued. LOL! Maybe the never should have messed with Carol Burnett! :biggrin:

and more
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040823/sc_afp/russia_space_meteorite_040823044441

To start of looking back at my posts its not good, but stuff like this is even worse it seem's like more than ever some sort polictal - socialogiacal forces behind this thing more than ever. Like the russsians, I believe its becuase all this war terror affecting peoples judgement. Saying that I do believe in time travel nough sed.

I predict the alien artifact will end up on ebay like all the others.

1. What is the Tunguska site and why is it significant?

The Tunguska site is a remote area in Siberia, Russia where a mysterious explosion occurred in 1908. It is significant because it is considered to be the largest impact event in recorded history and has been the subject of much scientific speculation and research.

2. What is the "alien artifact" that was found in the Tunguska site?

The "alien artifact" refers to a piece of debris that was found in the Tunguska site that has been theorized to be of extraterrestrial origin. It is often described as a metallic object with unusual properties and has sparked debates about its potential connection to the Tunguska explosion.

3. How was the "alien artifact" discovered in the Tunguska site?

The "alien artifact" was discovered by a team of scientists and researchers who were studying the Tunguska explosion and its aftermath. They came across the debris while conducting a ground survey of the area and noticed its unusual properties and composition.

4. What evidence supports the theory of the "alien artifact" being of extraterrestrial origin?

Some evidence that has been put forth to support the theory of the "alien artifact" being of extraterrestrial origin includes its unusual composition and structure, as well as the lack of any known human-made objects or materials that could explain its presence in the Tunguska site. However, this theory is still highly debated and has not been conclusively proven.

5. What implications does the discovery of the "alien artifact" have on our understanding of the Tunguska event?

The discovery of the "alien artifact" has sparked new theories and speculations about the Tunguska event, including the possibility of it being caused by a UFO or extraterrestrial spacecraft. However, there is still no concrete evidence to support these claims and the majority of scientists believe that the explosion was most likely caused by a natural phenomenon such as a meteor or comet.