Alien artifact found in Tunguska site

• Thread starter check
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
The new guidelines are meant to maintain academic integrity of the science forums here. Skepticism/Debunking & General Discussion are more flexible due to the topics.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dayle Record said:
So here is a series of statements, and I wonder if Ivan used to scientific method to test these out?

The Russian media has been extremely unreliable in recent years. Well, I guess they always were unreliable but now they are a free and unreliable media. Even though this is not Pravda which should always be ignored, I always assume that no media source in the X-Soviet is reliable. If the international press picks up the story then things might get interesting.

Does this mean that any press but the Russian press is reliable? Or does this mean that reality as we know it does not exist in Russia, and that specially trained observers must report on the "experiment" there? I am impartial in these questions, but I have to ask if people have special dispensation to opine, that somehow makes opinion, not speculation, or ewwww junk science?

It was a personal opinion based on years of observations. No, it does not mean that any other media source is realiable, it means that Pravda has followed the path of the least realiable such as The National Enquirer.

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
National Enquirer

Ivan Seeking said:
It was a personal opinion based on years of observations. No, it does not mean that any other media source is realiable, it means that Pravda has followed the path of the least realiable such as The National Enquirer.

Actually check up on the National Enquirer. Several years ago they, alone of the supermarket tabloids, changfes from wild speculation to checkbook journalism. And now their stories, at least the main ones, are backed up by purchased documents. The content is still infra dig, of course.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No, I didn't know that they had changed their posture. Also, they always have had the occasional hit, such as with John Belushi's death.

Maybe they got tired of being sued. LOL!!! Maybe the never should have messed with Carol Burnett! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
and more
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040823/sc_afp/russia_space_meteorite_040823044441 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
To start of looking back at my posts its not good, but stuff like this is even worse it seem's like more than ever some sort polictal - socialogiacal forces behind this thing more than ever. Like the russsians, I belive its becuase all this war terror affecting peoples judgement. Saying that I do belive in time travel nough sed.

Chronos
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I predict the alien artifact will end up on ebay like all the others.