Amazing shot of a meteor over Loch Ness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Meteor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
This is a pretty amazing shot!

CALBA1JWgAAQIa2.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Andy Resnick, Drakkith, davenn and 4 others
Astronomy news on Phys.org
The column of light down the center smacks of photoshop. I question its authenticity.
 
Last edited:
Chronos said:
The column of light down the center smacks of photoshop. I question its authenticity.
I don't know but it's gotten massive attention. Haven't heard any doubters yet.
 
The brightness of the stars speaks of a very fast stop/CCD camera and that would explain the column of light.
Also the varied colours of the meteor flash are accurately reflected in the water. If it is photoshop then they have done it well.

Garth