Amplitude response for H(ω-ωo) + H(ω+ωo) = 2*H(ω)

  • Thread starter Thread starter wirefree
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
wirefree
Messages
110
Reaction score
21
Draw the amplitude response of a filter whose characteristic equation is:

H(ω-ωo) + H(ω+ωo) = 2*H(ω)
I thank you for reading this question.

If given as is, is this a valid question? I ask because, without context, I reckon there could be multiple answers to it.

Your terse response - a yes or no - is all that’s requested.wirefree
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
mfb said:
If this equation is valid for all ω you can determine a lot about H(ω).

Thank you, mfb.

I can appreciate your point of view. On a closer look, it's my question that wasn't framed well.
Please allow me another opportunity.

When asked to draw the amplitude response of a filter whose characteristic equation is given to be such and such, and that's all that's known and given, I meant, when I expressed the doubt that "there could be multiple answers", that the amplitude response could take any shape - square, triangular, etc.

I am sure you'll see now what I meant: the question lacks details.

Please do share a thought.
wirefree
 
What I was hinting towards: If H(ω-ωo) + H(ω+ωo) = 2*H(ω) for all ω then H(ω)=cω+m+f(ω) where f(ω) is an arbitrary periodic function with period ωo.