An 11th grade student needs ur help.

• Thread starter ruby92
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, a student in 11th grade who specializes in Science has been struggling with Physics due to a non-native speaking teacher and difficulties with problem-solving. They have found success in drawing out problems and have been recommended to work on their English communication.
ruby92
hi every1 o:)

i'm an 11th grader (specialized in Science :cool: ) and have started school about 5 weeks ago.

i love being a Science student :!) , I've always loved Science including Mathematics.

Physics used 2 b my favorite subject but lately it became not :cry:
cuz my Physics teacher makes it harder and i don't know why i feel that he dosent stand me :grumpy:
hating Physics is effecting me so much, I'm an excellent student in Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics and being not good in Physics makes me feel stupid :cry::cry:

i understand Physics but when it comes to solving problems i lose it and I'm talking specifically about the second law of motion problems they're driving me crazy :cry: !
i wish they were as easy as going shopping after Physics class but what can i say ?! :frown::uhh:

do u have any suggestions that could help me get it and love it again?? :rolleyes:

thank u guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It appears that English is not your first language, correct?

This may be much of the problem. Understanding Physics conceptually is of highest importance. Many teachers themselves do not understand that the correct parts of speech (adverbs, adjectives, and prepositions) are extremely important.

Try posting some of your questions/problems on the homework help forum . please notice the forum guidelines before you do.

Can you tell us which textbook you are using?

thank u Chi 4 passing by..
u r right English is my second language. and my teacher isn't a native speaker either so yes this could be part of the problem though most of the concepts are already translated but yet that is not enough especially for a student like me :cry:

i'm done doing my homework and 2day's homework wasn't that difficult i have solved it very easily i actually feel more confidant now :biggrin:

the textbook was given 2 me by the school as i can see there is no name on it, all i can see is the school's name + the teacher's

i'll probably post some problems 2morow, 2morow's lesson is about the thired law
and I've heared that it's the most difficult one :frown:

thanks again!

You also need to relax a bit and not take it too seriously. The more you stress yourself out on something that requires you thinking on your toes, the greater the chance of you performing poorly. Relax. You'll find it easier.

If you're doing well in your other science classes and your Math class, then the formulas aren't the difficulty. How to apply them to the particular problem might be.

A lot of your motion problems are a lot easier if you draw them out on paper - what direction the forces are going, etc.

And work on your communication in English.

Specifically, knock off the texting short hand (Its gud e nuf 4 u, but we do not care for that here). You will think better if you use the language correctly.

1. How can I improve my grades in 11th grade?

To improve your grades in 11th grade, it's important to establish good study habits and stay organized. Make sure to attend all classes, take thorough notes, and review them regularly. Additionally, seek help from teachers or tutors if you don't understand a concept.

2. What are some effective time management tips for an 11th grade student?

Effective time management is crucial for success in 11th grade. Some tips include creating a study schedule, setting specific goals for each study session, and minimizing distractions like social media. It's also important to prioritize tasks and take breaks to avoid burnout.

3. How can I prepare for standardized tests in 11th grade?

To prepare for standardized tests in 11th grade, start by familiarizing yourself with the format and content of the test. Practice with sample questions or full-length practice tests. It's also important to manage your time effectively during the test and review any areas where you struggle.

4. What are some ways to balance academics and extracurricular activities in 11th grade?

Balancing academics and extracurricular activities can be challenging in 11th grade. To maintain a balance, prioritize your commitments and make a schedule that allows for both academic and extracurricular tasks. Also, don't be afraid to say no to activities if you feel overwhelmed.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused in 11th grade?

Staying motivated and focused in 11th grade can be difficult, but setting goals and having a positive mindset can help. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family, and find ways to make your studies more interesting and engaging. Remember to take breaks and reward yourself for your hard work.