Analytical mechanics book to go along with meriam-kraige dynamics course

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
saim_
Messages
135
Reaction score
1
We will be doing a course based entirely on Engineering Mechanics Vol. 2: Dynamics by Meriam and Kraige in the semester coming up. I want to supplement it with some good theoretical grounding in Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics. Now, I cannot handle an entire separate course for those topics on the side. So I want a book that will help me get through a course based on the above mentioned book but is geared more towards the theoretical side and has some extra analytical mechanics part. This book seems like a good option:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0763757284/?tag=pfamazon01-20

What do you think? Also please suggest some other books as well. Thanks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
peoples... a little help please?? I'm sure you too have gone through the dry and boring wrath of meriam and kraige.. :(
 
What level is this for? I took my graduate dynamics course using Schaub and Junkins. I wasn't a huge fan of it but all my friends who actually do dynamics as a focus area (I am fluid dynamics, myself) tell me that it is great. In other words, dynamicists seem to like it. haha
 
Its a 2nd year undergrad course, after a first course in statics based on volume 1 of the same book and a basic mechanics course based on Resnick volume 1 before that. This is all the mechanics related stuff we have done up till now.