1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

And the last questions from the big and bad paper from me awesome

1. Sep 12, 2012 #1
    And the last questions from the big and bad paper from me awesome teacher... Mayby, when my others examples it will be good :-D

What the minimum speed wind, to take away paper on the desk?

Have you got any ideas for calculate?

I think about mv=Ft, but no, I think now... Or about Ek...
    Force acting on the paper in the direction of movement minus frictional force.

And you?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2012 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: Wind-paper

To slide the paper across the desk ... you want the friction between the paper and the wind vs the friction between the paper and the desk.

To lift it, you need to drop the air pressure above the paper enough to lift it's weight and enough turbulent flow to ripple it. A perfect fit between the smooth desk and smooth paper would just give suction... some air has to be able to get between the sheet and the surface it sits on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook