Another Electrical Field Question

In summary, a test charge of +1.0x10^-6 C is 40cm away from a charged sphere of 3.2x10^-3 C. To calculate the work required to move the test charge from a point 1.0x10^2m away from the sphere, the formula Fe = k(q1)(q2)/r^2 can be used and then plugged into W = F(delta D). For part b, the question asks how many electrons were gained or lost from the test object to create the charge.
quickslant
A test Charge of +1.0x10^-6 C is 40cm from a charged sphere of
3.2x10^-3 C.

a)how much work was required to move it there from a point 1.0x10^2m away from the sphere

b)how many electrons were gained or lost from the test object to create the charge?

Given: q1 = 1.0x10^-6 C q2 = 3.2x10^-3 C

Would i first need to calculate: Fe = k (q1)(q2)/r2 ? and then plug that into W = F (delta D)

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think you can just plug it in -- You can integrate the force multiplied by delta-d as one charge is brought from the initial separation into the final configuration...

i still don't understand how to do this question.. please someone help me !
=(

I don't understand the question in part b.

Part a) recall that the work done by a conservative force is equal to the negative integral of force dot displacement.

For part b) only concern yourself with the test charge. It is +1.0*10^-6 C.

How many electrons were gained or lost from the test object to create that charge?

What is an electrical field?

An electrical field is a force field that surrounds an electrically charged particle or object. It is created by the presence of a charge and is responsible for the attraction or repulsion of other charged objects.

How is an electrical field measured?

An electrical field is measured in units of volts per meter (V/m). This unit represents the strength of the field at a specific point in space.

What factors affect the strength of an electrical field?

The strength of an electrical field is affected by the magnitude of the charge, the distance between the charged objects, and the medium through which the field is passing.

How is an electrical field different from an electric current?

An electrical field is a force field, while an electric current is the movement of electrically charged particles. In other words, an electrical field is the cause of an electric current.

What are some real-life applications of electrical fields?

Electrical fields have a wide range of applications in our daily lives, including powering electronic devices, generating electricity through power plants, and controlling the flow of current in circuits. They are also used in medical equipment, such as MRI machines, and in technology like touchscreens and speakers.