Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem

In summary, the conversation is about a user seeking help with a problem they are experiencing with Ansys Maxwell. They have been using it for 6 months and mainly simulate 2 phase inductors. They have encountered a problem with not getting any inductance results in their transient simulations. Another user suggests checking the "Compute Inductance Matrix" option in the "Matrix Computation" tab of the design settings to resolve the issue. The original user expresses their gratitude and relief for finding a solution.
superthingy
Hi All,

If anyone could help me with a problem I'm having, it would be great.

I've been using Ansys Maxwell for about 6 months now, and I've gotten the hang of it. I mainly simulate 2 phase inductors. Until yesterday, I've had no problem, but for some reason, I'm not getting any inductance results in any of my transient simulations. Has anyone else come across this problmem, and does anyone know of a solution?

Just to be clear, I'm not getting the wrong answers, I'm just not getting any answers for inductances in any graphs. They are just emptry. I've used the field calculator a bit, but I'd prefer to see the plots themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi, Just saw your post and had a similar problem a few months ago!

If you right click your design in the project manager tree and go to "Design Settings", in there you should have a "Matrix Computation" tab, tick "Compute Inductance Matrix" and you should be able to view results!

Hope this helps!

Good Sir, you're a genius. I don't even remember having to do that the first time, and I've been rattling my brain for the last month trying to figure it out. Thanks for this man. Legend.

What is Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem?

Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing electromagnetic fields and interactions in various systems. It is often used in the design and optimization of electrical and electronic devices.

How does Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem work?

Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem uses finite element analysis (FEA) to solve complex electromagnetic problems. It breaks down the problem into smaller elements and uses mathematical equations to calculate the behavior of each element. The results are then combined to create a comprehensive solution.

What types of problems can be solved with Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem?

Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem can solve a wide range of electromagnetic problems, including inductance and capacitance calculations, magnetic field analysis, and electromagnetic interference (EMI) simulations. It is commonly used in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and electronics.

What are the benefits of using Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem?

Using Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem can save time and resources in the design and testing of electrical and electronic systems. It allows for accurate simulations and predictions of electromagnetic behavior, helping to optimize designs and reduce the need for physical prototyping.

Are there any limitations to Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem?

While Ansys Maxwell Inductance Problem is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not be suitable for all types of problems, and users need to have a good understanding of electromagnetics to effectively use the software. Additionally, it requires a significant investment in terms of cost and computing resources.