What are some recommended books on relativity?

In summary, for those studying relativity in physics, Resnick Halliday and Tevian Dray's book "The Geometry of Special Relativity" are both recommended resources. Additionally, NPTEL offers online lectures on the topic, particularly those by Prof. Ramamurti Shankar. The original red paperback edition of "Spacetime Physics" is also a useful resource.
TeeTex
Hi guys, i am preparing my self for the second year in physics and i have subject about relativity but i couldn't find any good book about it, that contains :

Lorentz transformations, relative motion, stellar abbreviation,sequence of events connected causally, minkowski, co-variance of dynamics and such stuff !

Physics news on Phys.org
Resnick Halliday has a chapter devoted to Relativity, and it's good for the basics.

Other than that, you can refer to some lectures. There are some good http://www.nptel.ac.in/courses/115101011/ in NPTEL, which I would recommend. Prof. Ramamurti Shankar also has some good lectures on SR.

Likes ANAGH MANNA and TeeTex

1. What are some good books to learn about relativity?

Some popular books on relativity include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, and "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking.

2. Are there any books that explain relativity in simple terms?

Yes, there are many books that break down the complex concepts of relativity into more easily understandable language. Some examples include "Relativity: The Special and General Theory" by Albert Einstein and "The Theory of Relativity" by Max Born.

3. Are there any books on relativity specifically for beginners?

Yes, there are several books that cater to beginners who are just starting to learn about relativity. "Introducing Einstein's Relativity" by Ray d'Inverno and "Einstein's Theory of Relativity Made Easy" by Lawrence W. Rogers are two popular options.

4. What is the best book on relativity for someone with a background in physics?

For those with a strong background in physics, "Gravitation" by Charles W. Misner, Kip S. Thorne, and John Archibald Wheeler is considered one of the most comprehensive and detailed books on relativity.

5. Are there any books on relativity that discuss its applications in modern physics?

Yes, there are several books that explore the applications of relativity in modern physics, such as "The Geometry of Spacetime: An Introduction to Special and General Relativity" by James J. Callahan and "The Relativity Revolution: Albert Einstein and the Making of the Modern World" by Richard Crockatt.